Browsers

Home Forums Product reviews Browsers

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

I’ve been using IE 6 since getting my pc but decided to give Netscape a try as a friend gave it me on disc. Installed it and its loads better than IE! Easy to use, you don’t get those stupid ‘Cannot find Server’ error pages (or at least I havent yet!) and seems a bit quicker too.
    Of course, different browsers suit different people (like ISPs hehehehe) but worth trying out.

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

GSX Rat
    Participant

ok – my recommendation is mozilla firefox, it is even better than netscape!

well worth giving a go and there’s loads of plug ins for it too……

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

Cool, is it free? Come on Hooly, give us some more information! At least a download link!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GSX Rat
    Participant

do you think i would be recommending it if it cost money????

https://www.mozilla.org/

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.

Gix
    Participant

Hehehehe, no suppose not! Cheers Hooly, will give it a go!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Firefox is great and development is going at a huge rate of knots. Open source aspect really appeals too. I currently use Opera 7.51 – it has tabbed browsing (great for forums like this one) and is pretty stable. Best thing is that malicious programs usually target IE so you are already one step ahead. Bad thing is that I need to keep IE on my system so that I can test that the forum works on it[V]

At least 90% of our visitors are using IE in some format.

Firefox and Firebird’s download handling takes some getting used to. Didn’t care much for that but it has been a few months since I last tested it and I’m sure there is a ‘resume’ add-on available by now.

If you can’t get to grips with tabbed browsing, persevere. It really is quicker and much more organised. Right click on a link and open it in a background page while you read the one you are on. Then read that linked page(s) at your leisure. Simple innit?

Gix
    Participant

For some reason I cant download Firefox. When I click download button on Mozilla download page I get a pop up box saying ‘file cant be saved because the source file could not be read’. Any suggestions? Please?
    ID, Netscape has tabbed browsing too and is a lot more organised as you say, much prefer this system of browsing![:D]

GSX Rat
    Participant

i use xp and ie6 on this box coz the rest of the family cant get on with linux!

redhat is installed on my laptop, a better solution all round!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSX Hooligan

ok – my recommendation is mozilla firefox, it is even better than netscape!

well worth giving a go and there’s loads of plug ins for it too……

Got Firefox now and it is good! Fast!

wheelie
    Participant

Firefox and Opera over here

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Firefox is currently my browser of choice on the XP and Linux boxes. Have installed the mouse gestures plugin and set them up as per Opera. Also have tweaked the Firefox settings for more speed, although it has to be said, it’s quicker than Opera in standard format. Still use the Opera mail client until Thunderbird is a bit more stable.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.