Brief ride out – Piccies

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Brief ride out – Piccies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Couldn’t venture far today so just headed for the cafe at Quattford near Bridgenorth with the Mrs on the back

Good fun. Quite a few bikes out and amongst the usual lines of sportsbikes were a few different bits and pieces

PA211022.jpg
    Tasty KH750 H2

PA211021.jpg

PA211024.jpg
    BMW engined trike, could be a Ural I suppose

PA211025.jpg
    F117 inspired GSXR based SF, extra points if you can spot my Thundercat

PA211026.jpg
    Ariel Atom Didn’t look out of place amongst the bikes and lighter than Max’s BMW (The Bismark)

PA211031.jpg
    The hanging mist and sunlight over the Severn Valley, added an air of the surreal to view

TT07
    Participant

From the angle of the sun you were there mid morning, I got there at 3, yes give me the points for your XJ parked in the bus stop where my 600 was parked up later, I actually had a ride out on the 600 for the 1st time since getting the 1000K7 in mid June, it did feel strange to start with but I soon got in the groove, no need to watch out for rises in the road where the 1000 would get light on the front, definately less intense riding on the 600! I recall envying the owners of the KH750’s when new, and them being thrashed on that very road where the cafe is at Quatt and also the Bridgnorth-Stewpony road, they only did 12 to the gallon!(When 5* Juice was 33p per gallon). Have you heard the Ariel Atom when accelerating hard, WOW!!

Radar

Full points for spotting my bike, but it is a YZF not an XJ! I was actually there about 1:15-30pm, so your Indian tracking skills need a bit of polishing yet! I followed the Atom out the cafe and it had a predator exhaust on it and sounded wicked!
    Check out this months Classic Motorcycle mechanics if you like the KH, somebody has done a rather neat KH1000 four conversion and they are running a feature on it.
    Some riding imprssions of your Gixxer 6 would go down well in the Jap Stuff section, as would some piccies of your gixxer pairing

TT07
    Participant

Whoops! will refer to the YZF as “Thundercat” then hopefully wont get its reference wrong again. I must have been stuck in the past (as against retro mode- as thats now curent as well!) and used 80’s Yamaha Lingo.Note taken on the Gixxer 6 impessions.

Radar

No worries TT! Looking forward to those Gixxer6 impressions and pictures. It will make good reading as you can give some guidance on loong term ownership too.

Check out Pete247 on his trackday outing on his Gixxer750

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/brands-hatch-22nd-oct-focused-events/

TT07
    Participant

Yep have read the post and left a reply. Will have to get my head around the long term ownership report.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by TT07

Yep have read the post and left a reply. Will have to get my head around the long term ownership report.

Look forward to that. Just do all the usual stuff about performance, handling brakes and comfort. Stick in some practical bits, mpg, tyre choice and life, servicing/reliability and then chuck in some adventures you had on the bike. A few piccies and Bob’s your Mother’s brother!

max
    Participant

Very stelthy looking that F117 inspired GSXR based SF

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Look forward to that. Just do all the usual stuff about performance, handling brakes and comfort. Stick in some practical bits, mpg, tyre choice and life, servicing/reliability and then chuck in some adventures you had on the bike. A few piccies and Bob’s your Mother’s brother!

Yep just setting about in now, as for the format you suggested its much the same as what I was going to do as I have every detail of the 600’s life history already logged.

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Yes 8 year report on the GSXR600 now done. You will find it at this link:

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/1999-gsxr600-8-year-test/

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Great pics there Radar…….Love :)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.