Brackley Festival of Motorcycling, Sunday 14th August

Home Forums Meetings and events Brackley Festival of Motorcycling, Sunday 14th August

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    r6ymy
    Participant
    Radar

Usually a good day out
    https://www.brackleyfestivalofmotorcycling.co.uk/

Cheers for the tip off. But I have to collect my daughter from Shropshire that day. Weather forecast looks good too. If you go post some pics up on here.

Still got your MV?

elessimo
    Participant

Would be there, but got a bloomin’ Lakefest music festival to go to…. three days of scrumpy and primal dub gyp-step…. 

Radar

Would be there, but got a bloomin’ Lakefest music festival to go to…. three days of scrumpy and primal dub gyp-step…. 

Not been to a festival since 1983 or thereabouts…that does sound fun as you say!

Radar

Do you go to the festival in the, was it any good?

r6ymy
    Participant

Yes, I did go, had a really good day. Went in the car with my best friend who was up from Kent for the weekend, and met my son and one of his friends rode over and met us there.
    Spent most of the day on the high street, looking at the race paddock, the cafe racers and customs.
    The best bit was watching the “demonstration” rides of various race bikes up and down the high street circuit.
    It felt like a mini TT, being inches away from racing bikes being thrashed along public roads.
    There was a full spectrum of bikes there, from 1950’s Guzzi singles, 250 and 500 Honda 4’s,  MV 3 and 4 cylinder replicas, Tridents and Rocket 3’s, JPS Nortons, up to Carlos Checa’s Desmosedici and 1198 WSBK, a few current Moto 3 and 2 bikes.
    There were four Honda 250 4 replicas, most of the time they were riding as two pairs, with a couple of them properly racing, and occasionly they would catch up with the other two, so you would have four of them flat out up the hill together – an amazing sound.
    I went to the Tewkesbury Bikers Nite tonight, and while queing for a drink I heard two guys behind me complaining the the displays and stalls on the field at Brackley were not very interesting, and also moaning that the price of entry had gone up to £7.50 this year.
    We watched some of the trials demos and enjoyed that, but the stands weren’t great – could do with a few more bike related product stands. As for £7.50, I thought it was godd value for a days entertainment in terms of the racing, but strangely that’s the bit you don’t have to pay to watch!

Radar

Yes, I did go, had a really good day. Went in the car with my best friend who was up from Kent for the weekend, and met my son and one of his friends rode over and met us there.
    Spent most of the day on the high street, looking at the race paddock, the cafe racers and customs.
    The best bit was watching the “demonstration” rides of various race bikes up and down the high street circuit.
    It felt like a mini TT, being inches away from racing bikes being thrashed along public roads.
    There was a full spectrum of bikes there, from 1950’s Guzzi singles, 250 and 500 Honda 4’s,  MV 3 and 4 cylinder replicas, Tridents and Rocket 3’s, JPS Nortons, up to Carlos Checa’s Desmosedici and 1198 WSBK, a few current Moto 3 and 2 bikes.
    There were four Honda 250 4 replicas, most of the time they were riding as two pairs, with a couple of them properly racing, and occasionly they would catch up with the other two, so you would have four of them flat out up the hill together – an amazing sound.
    I went to the Tewkesbury Bikers Nite tonight, and while queing for a drink I heard two guys behind me complaining the the displays and stalls on the field at Brackley were not very interesting, and also moaning that the price of entry had gone up to £7.50 this year.
    We watched some of the trials demos and enjoyed that, but the stands weren’t great – could do with a few more bike related product stands. As for £7.50, I thought it was godd value for a days entertainment in terms of the racing, but strangely that’s the bit you don’t have to pay to watch!

Sounds like a cracking day, £7.50 isn’t a lot as you say…you just can’t please some people!

r6ymy
    Participant
    Radar

Stunning pics, I would trample over hot coals to get to the LC!

elessimo
    Participant

Great write-up and photos!!

Will try and make it next year – unless it clashes with Lakefest again!   

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.