Bikes at the Bay Motorcycle Show 2017

Home Forums Meetings and events Bikes at the Bay Motorcycle Show 2017

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

I tootled over to Kent on Sunday, to the Bikes at the Bay bike show hosted by East Kent Classic Motorcycle Club. Was a cracking ride there (once off the motorways anyhows and a really cool show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziUsjiLl6qU

Radar

MT5? Blimey I remember those…I stated with a a CB100N! I did like the Guzzi for sale too, was it a LeMans or Lario. Rode both back in the day, lovely bikes. Also liked the TRX you were parked next to

HippoDrones
    Participant

I had a CB100N too :D

Radar

I had a CB100N too :D

I had mine from new in 1982, did nearly 10,000 miles on it. Rode from Brum to Northumberland, to the Lake District…loved that little bike

36524630421_d313eda2d0_b.jpg
    With my 1967 Ford Cortina 1500 Super in 1982 or 3

HippoDrones
    Participant

awesome, mine was far from new but I loved it all the same…. was as fast if not faster than most restricted 125cc bikes and handled nice too (brakes were rubbish and normally didn’t work but that is what engine braking is for right?) :D

Radar

awesome, mine was far from new but I loved it all the same…. was as fast if not faster than most restricted 125cc bikes and handled nice too (brakes were rubbish and normally didn’t work but that is what engine braking is for right?) :D

The brakes on my seized, the front disc was cable operated and the one half of the caliper moved towards the disc on a pin. This corroded. Sod to fix. Loved that bike though. Squeezed 67mph out of it!

HippoDrones
    Participant

yup, that is what happened to mine….

…. Mine broke down on the way to my test and my bike instructor had a CB100N for trainees to hire so we swapped all the bodywork over and tank etc and switched plates…. dodgy doings, but I passed first time…. and managed to lose my assessor as I filtered through the traffic away from him! :D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.