A442 Kidderminster to Bridgnorth.

Home Forums Great biking roads A442 Kidderminster to Bridgnorth.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Decent road with some great sweeping bends and one or two good straights.

Be careful though because the road is lined in places by rock(!) and going wrong could be painful, or worse.Most of it is tree lined.
    On the big straight about 6 or 7 miles out of Kidderminster, that plunges dowm a slope the plod like to sit in wait at the bottom.

Just outside Bridgnorth there is an excellent Bike friendly cafe, called “the Foodstop”. Bacon butty and a mug of tea £2.10.

Good views over the river severn valley too.

Up to 100 bikes at any one time on a Sunday in the summer.

Bridgnorth is good place too. market on a Saturday and the Cliff top railway is cool if you like that sort of thing.

Jonnyfp
    Participant

Quatt?
    Have we met?

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Jonnyfp

Quatt?
    Have we met?

That’s the one! I go up there about 6 times a year. So we possibly bumped into each other in the tea queue!

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Jonnyfp
    Participant

theres an annoying 50 mph section on there as you come off the main round about.
    good road after that tho.
    went past there in january when the severn was flooded. looked like you where by the sea. lol

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Jonnyfp

theres an annoying 50 mph section on there as you come off the main round about.
    good road after that tho.
    went past there in january when the severn was flooded. looked like you where by the sea. lol

Know the bit of road that you mean JFP. Perhaps I wll see you up there in the spring, what bike do you ride?
    Welcome to the forum BTW. Spread the word!!

Donate – it makes you feel good!

Jonnyfp
    Participant

I’ll give this a go, but Domains album is down at the mo…so you’ll probably get the whole bloody page. lol but…

[IMG]https://www.bikersdomain.co.uk/board/viewtopic.php?t=118[/IMG]

Jonnyfp
    Participant

Bugger!

Well its a T309 speed triple, its yellow but it can shift especially in the mid range.
    All it needs is some thru pipes a service like no other and a new paint job on the tank.

I’m usually up there with my brother (black and silver/yellow) ZX7R.

Come an say ello if you see me. that goes for anyone.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.