30 YEARS OF THE WRONG SPEED LIMIT

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Speed cameras 30 YEARS OF THE WRONG SPEED LIMIT

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    XV16
    Participant

And thousands of illegal speeding tickets……

A CITY road’s speed limit has been set at 40mph instead of 60mph for 30 years.

Now thousands of drivers fined for “speeding” could win a refund. The 40mph signs will stay up as officials apply to make the lower limit legal.
    Yesterday the AA said: “This sounds like a complete administrative cock-up and just the thing to bring speed enforcement into disrepute.”
    Tory councillor Kate Mackenzie had appealed to extend a 200-yard 40mph zone on the busy Maybury Road in Edinburgh.
    But officials found the limit should have been 60mph. Ms Mackenzie said: “The council admitted there was no order to cover the lower limit.
    “Obviously they aren’t going to take the signs down because that would make the problem worse.”
    Lawyer Margaret Smillie said: “Drivers fined for speeding have been wrongly penalised. They should be reimbursed.”
    Edinburgh Council blamed the error on failures in the 70s by now defunct Edinburgh Corporation. A spokeswoman said: “There may have been quite a few speeding convictions over the years.”
    A MOTORIST is caught speeding in Britain every 15 seconds, breakdown company Autonational Rescue said in a survey yesterday.

Just typical, how many more are out there?

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

HELP KEEP THIS FORUM ALIVE! PLEASE DONATE.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very interesting. Hope it’s my city that was wrong, may get a refund!

Question – Why are breakdown companies reporting statistics on speeding now?

XV16
    Participant

The Authorities and the press seem to think that the AA and the RAC are the voice of the motorist, they are the bodies that are always approached for comments. I have written to both of them asking just how much time and money is used helping to gain Government statistics and where they get their information but had no reply from either.
    However now you have reminded me, I will try again.

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Please note that some of the comments and articles posted may not represent my views or the views of FORUM99 and its moderators.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

As we know, you can prove anything with statistics. Some ‘national’ surveys are carried out on as little as 5 people, it was revealed a while ago. I do wonder where they get their data from on these ‘representative’ surveys because I certainly have not been asked recently (unless it’s those students on the High Street…..)

And another thing, it has been proven that 97.34% of statistics are incorrect anyway!

XV16
    Participant

It was 96.47% last year, it’s getting worse!!!

Best Regards
    Stuart XV16

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.