2016 Biking plans

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe 2016 Biking plans

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Well after an excellent 2015 I need to start thinking about 2016.

I already have a few plans. In January I will be going see Nick Sanders give a talk at my local dealers. I went last year and it was a brilliant evening.

At Easter I will be taking the Thundercat up to Scotland to meet up with a few mates as I did last year 2015 and 2012. There are a few spaces left if anybody is interested in joining me.

In June I will be in Wales for a weekend on the Thundercat again, with the lads and lasses of the Thundercat forum. This will be the 8th time I have done this weekend on the trot and we always have an awesome time. This one is fully booked, sorry folks!

More sketchy plans exist to take the MV to Germany with a couple of lads from on here, but we are still in the planning stage at the moment, but whatever we do I am sure it will be a blast. If it anything like as good as my recent trips over the last few years, it will be an adventure to remember.

I also hope to get over to Ireland on a bike to visit the origins of my family. In County Tipperary in the south and County Tyrone in the north. I have not been to Ireland since I was a kid back in 1979. My parents are no longer with us, so this promises to be an interesting and quite possibly emotional trip on quite a few levels.

Finally I want to get to some of the superb bike nights that are held in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire…I missed out out last year and from all the pictures posted in here in the meeting sections that look to be superb events.

Here’s to a cracking 2016 and meeting up with as many folks as possible

elessimo
    Participant

How about another green-lane trip in Snowdonia with Thumper and the TT crew?
    And a weekend in Llandovery?
    The Bike4Life ride-out to RAF Cosford? (Get tickets soon!)
    Brackley Festival of Motorcycling?
    AdventureOverlandShow (Stratford Upon Avon)?
    Hoggin’ the Bridge?
    Meetups at Ludlow Castle?

So much to do, so little time…. 

Radar

How about another green-lane trip in Snowdonia with Thumper and the TT crew?
    And a weekend in Llandovery?
    The Bike4Life ride-out to RAF Cosford? (Get tickets soon!)
    Brackley Festival of Motorcycling?
    AdventureOverlandShow (Stratford Upon Avon)?
    Hoggin’ the Bridge?
    Meetups at Ludlow Castle?

So much to do, so little time…. 

Essentially yes to it all!

elessimo
    Participant

We’ll chat on Wednesday then…

Radar

We’ll chat on Wednesday then…

Absolutely

daviedevs
    Participant

My plans for 2016.

May 19th … 5 day tour of Scotland with 7 friends. Up to Applecross and back.

June 18th/19th Oliver’s Mount to watch friend racing.

July 25th Euro tour to Spain and Portugal for 12 days. Doing a short one this year as the 2015 tour to the Balkans was a long trip….fantastic……  but a few long days in the saddle!

I will also do a few BSB rounds no doubt, and obviously a few Peak District runs..as I live here!

Radar

My plans for 2016.

May 19th … 5 day tour of Scotland with 7 friends. Up to Applecross and back.

June 18th/19th Oliver’s Mount to watch friend racing.

July 25th Euro tour to Spain and Portugal for 12 days. Doing a short one this year as the 2015 tour to the Balkans was a long trip….fantastic……  but a few long days in the saddle!

I will also do a few BSB rounds no doubt, and obviously a few Peak District runs..as I live here!

They all sound pretty good to me! Would you post some pictures when you get back from your adventures, be good to see them!

Be interested to see pics of your Balkan tour from 2015 too

Radar

Well as the 2016 ‘season’ is all but over (despite the fact I have just taxed the MV again) let’s see how I got on compared to my plans for the year

1. In January I will be going see Nick Sanders give a talk at my local dealers. I went last year and it was a brilliant evening.

I went and he was as entertaining as ever!

At Easter I will be taking the Thundercat up to Scotland to meet up with a few mates as I did last year 2015 and 2012. There are a few spaces left if anybody is interested in joining me.

Due to unforseen family circumstances I had to cancel for this at the last moment, but I already have my deposit paid for next year

In June I will be in Wales for a weekend on the Thundercat again, with the lads and lasses of the Thundercat forum. This will be the 8th time I have done this weekend on the trot and we always have an awesome time. This one is fully booked, sorry folks!

Due to the same unforseen circumstances I had to cancel for this too, but hope to attend in 2017

More sketchy plans exist to take the MV to Germany with a couple of lads from on here, but we are still in the planning stage at the moment, but whatever we do I am sure it will be a blast. If it anything like as good as my recent trips over the last few years, it will be an adventure to remember.

I did get to Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Holland! But due to the touring nature of this trip, rather than using a single base I took the 600 instead of the MV. Had a real blast with Ses, Thumper and Geeg. Read the reviews in the Biking Abroad section if you want to pass a boring winters evening!

I also hope to get over to Ireland on a bike to visit the origins of my family. In County Tipperary in the south and County Tyrone in the north. I have not been to Ireland since I was a kid back in 1979. My parents are no longer with us, so this promises to be an interesting and quite possibly emotional trip on quite a few levels.

Another one I didn’t get done, so added to the agenda for next year

Finally I want to get to some of the superb bike nights that are held in Worcestershire and Gloucestershire…I missed out out last year and from all the pictures posted in here in the meeting sections that look to be superb events.

Did get to three of these superb evenings, reviews in the meetings section…I will be going again in 2017…they really are excellent

I will have to have a ponder about 2017 now…

elessimo
    Participant

Nice one Radar!

Just keep 10 days free for 2018…..

daviedevs
    Participant

Well for 2016 I have a couple of biking plans still to complete

Really could do with getting the new bike over the 600 mile point to allow its first service to be done, but the weather is saying no at the moment.

NEC on the 20th for the bike show.

Most exciting for me is the completion of my Thunderace rebuild. Hopefully should be done by the end of November. Then it’s the choices. Keep in garage and ride in the Spring, move it into lounge as an item to behold or sell knowing I’ll lose a lot of money on the project.

As much as I love riding my wrists aren’t up to much on sports bikes these days. I could do a straight bar conversion but it wouldn’t be the same. Time will tell I guess.

Radar

I am planning to do the Bike Show too funnily enough, probably on Friday 25th

Be good to see some piccies of the completed Thunderace too.

As for riding, I think 2016 is all but done for me….I do need to get the 550 to the MOT and I have just taxed the MV in a wild burst of misplaced optimism!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.