The New Project – 1994 Fireblade

Home Forums Members’ bikes The New Project – 1994 Fireblade

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Yes please Ben – let me know how much you want for it.

Radar – welcome over any time

I put the carbs back on late last night so should have it fully up and running this weekend.

Radar

@Kat, cheers bud I will be in touch about a Fireblade viewing. How is the 750 dealing with the competition for your attention?

katana
    Participant

Kat is sleeping under its cover – that reminds me I must drain the carbs!

Blade is all back up and running – went for a sneeky test ride on Sunday. Haven’t changed the plugs, oil, oil filter and airfilter yet but it still pulled like a train. Might even get the MOT done this side of Christmas.

BigBen
    Participant

sorry i havnt been on in a while to get your reply..the laptop im using is borrowed an the guy needed it back..but im here now.
    you can have the sprocket for whatever it costs to post it if you want it posting that is..just let me know whichever way you want to go

BigBen
    Participant

do you want this sprocket? i havnt heard anything from you?ta

katana
    Participant

Sorry Ben – missed your first reply

PM on way

BigBen
    Participant

Kat! it cost me 1 quid 80 to post that sprocket first class recorded. dont cut me a cheque for that, theres no point.i’ll look like a right dick paying a cheque for that much into my bank, haha , you can have it. no use to me anyway was it.give us a shout when u get it.
    cheers

katana
    Participant

Cheers mate got it today. Expect a parcel coming your way soon.

Radar

Will try to get the see the Blade over Xmas Kat

BigBen
    Participant

hows the blade coming on?

katana
    Participant

Took the Blade and 2 cars for their MOTs today. Glad to say they all passed (hat trick).

992949733812ea5c1e834887ad6837c427e4215ce782b3f7119f3d7601b487795f647d57.jpg

This being my first(ish) ride on the road on the Blade I took it fairly easy but my first impressions are very positive.

The most noticable thing is that it is so quiet (on the MOT friendly stock end can) compared to the Kat. The lack of K&N induction noise and bark from a Harris pipe is a little unsettling. I ended up going a lot quicker then I intended (honestly officer). I have also discovered a thing I belive is called “handling” – the Kat handles like a dog on Lino. I didn’t experience any of the reported issues with front end instability due to the 16″ front wheel.

Also had a result with the insurance as Bennets are offering a 25% discounted rate at the moment: Blade+Kat = £88 !

My name’s Kat and I now like corners

TT07
    Participant

Thats really good news getting all 3 vehicles through first time Hope you get to experience the better handling in the near future when no doubt a few of us can meet up to have a bit of a scratch about. Radar whats the status on you MOT? And any free Sundays coming up soon.

Radar

Good stuff Kat. You have got to come on one of the runs into Wales now on the Blade!

How about some pics bud??

@TT07 FZ is just about ready now. Just got to put the fairing on. I was going to take up to the place at Chadwick Bank, any intelligence on that place?

TT07
    Participant

Sorry Radar, I have no info on that Testing Station, have asked the guys at work and likewise neither have they, sorry mate.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

“Blade+Kat = £88 !”

How old are you, 120?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.