Sold my FZ600!

Home Forums Members’ bikes Sold my FZ600!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Radar

DSC00362.jpg
    Well I managed a little more time in the garage this evening, I had to work late so only got as far as getting the carbs off and onto the bench. Next stage is get the float bowls off and get some carb clear in there. I hope this bloody well works!! lol

th_DSC00365.jpg
    Looking very naked now…

DSC00364.jpg
    Poor attempt at an arty shot…

katana
    Participant

getting there mate. Let me me know if you want to stick the jets in my ultrasonic?

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good stuff, should get another 500BHP when she’s finished!

Radar

The carbs have been cleaned up by a friend of mine, they were full of crap apparently. Pics to follow…

Radar

As promised

10.jpg
    All stripped down

8.jpg
    Just a bit dirty then…

7.jpg
    Now nice and shiney!

I will put them bike on the bike and, fingers crossed, get the FZ off to its’ new owner finally…I can go bike hunting then!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

It’s very good that you’re doing this for the new owner, many people wouldn’t go to all that effort. Should run like new with all those years of crappy fuel deposits removed.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

It’s very good that you’re doing this for the new owner, many people wouldn’t go to all that effort. Should run like new with all those years of crappy fuel deposits removed.

Got to do the right thing by people…its a curse sometimes lol! He is coming over this evening to work on the bike with me

Radar

Well another night in the garage to report…

P7193715.jpg
    The carbs were a tight fit, but the cables were quickly hooked up and the carbs pushed home
    P7193719.jpg
    The airbox, which was a s@d to get off in the first place, just didn’t want to go back in. The chap who has bought the bike came over to lend me a hand and had the bright idea of loosening off the subframe to give it some more room. This worked a treat…
    P7193720.jpg
    The airbox went in nice and snug. Then it was back on with all the kit I removed the other night…
    P7193721.jpg
    Before I finally put it all back together I just hooked up the fuel tank and fired her up…NO LEAK!!!
    P7193726.jpg
    So back went on the rest of bike and the fairings, so the new owner could have a sit on his new machine…he just has to pass the test now. Any tips on DAS anybody??

I went for a 7 mile run tonight and everything is still ok, so provided the weather holds I will run the bike over to the new owner later this week

Thanks to Andy F and the new owner for the help

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice to see her back on the road bud. Will be a shame to see it go.

Radar

I had one last 50 mile ride on the FZ Wednesday, which I hugely enjoyed, before I handed the ‘Baby6′ over to its’ new owner:

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

All he has to do now is pass his test…

TT07
    Participant

Was there a tear in your eye when you handed her over? What news on your next project?

mecanic
    Participant

We’ll, got told off for lurking by the boss the other night, so here I am, the new owner of Baby 6 Radar’s FZ.

Three scary facts for you.
    1. No I can’t ride yet (more scary for me than you)
    2. I now own more bikes than Radar !!!
    3. Either Radar wears high healed riding boots or his legs are longer than mine![:0]

Cheers

Mecanic

katana
    Participant

Welcome Mecanic,

If your legs are shorter then Radars then you must live with 6 other blokes, a pale apple allergic woman and all work down a mine?

TT07
    Participant

Welcome to The Bike Forum mecanic, what else do you have then?, I cant say ride just yet can I, hope you can get through the dreaded test soon.

mecanic
    Participant

Got myself a Honda CB100 in bits, Will learn a bit about bike mechanics putting it back together and maybe use it after my CBT if I don’t have time for direct access. Anyway, don’t want to hijack Radars thread.
    Allegedly he’s coming around on Wednesday to reminisce about CB’s (I think personally he wants to check up on Baby Six). So if he doesn’t laugh too hard at the state of my newest aquisition I might start a new thread and get some help from you lot on the task ahead.

Cheers

Mecanic

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.