Sold my FZ600!

Home Forums Members’ bikes Sold my FZ600!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I do loke the CBX, a mate has owned one for over 25 years, but they are a bit pricey for a decent one. Try again…

mcmickyp
    Participant

FZ looked ace!!

Radar

It was a cracking wee bike, it is still in garage at the moment, it will probably go next week

ses310

Possible new bike for Radar….

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110406859202

Its actually my mates bike, loves his 2 strokes

katana
    Participant

I like the look of that – Radar can’t resist a RD

Reckon this might suit him better (plus I want one)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320390299756

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by katana

I like the look of that – Radar can’t resist a RD

Reckon this might suit him better (plus I want one)

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=320390299756

Now that IS a possibility, as we know Radar does have trouble reaching the floor, so theres the answer to his problem.

Radar

I have already been outbid on a YPVS, that 250LC is spot on…oh God…

TT07
    Participant

Yes, Oh God……….The cats out of the bag, Radar IS looking for a stroker!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Shock (not)! Don’t think that’ll knock Michael Jackson off the front page yet.

Radar

The RD is a superb example and I think it will be beyond my budget by the end of the auction. I am SO tempted though

Radar

Well the FZ is relunctant to go. Hopped on it tonight, ready to enjoy a final 30 mile jaunt over to the new owner, when I noticed petrol coming out of the bottom of the fairing. Oh bugger. Quick chat with Katana confirmed my suspicions, a sticky float bowl. It is too dam hot to work on the bike tonight so the work will have to wait until the weekend!

ses310

Seems to be the way when selling something… Good luck with getting it fixed

Radar

Cheers Ses, I will have a bash on Sunday hopefully

Radar

Well the FZ is in bits again. Typically the potential easy fixes: draing the carbs, tapping them etc hasn’t work and fuel still pisses out! So I had to dig deeper. The 600cc engine and attendant carbs, airbox etc are a tight fit. I have now got to the carbs. I will take them off tomorrow night and take the float bowls off all being well.

A few pics to follow later

Radar

Well pics as promised:

DSC00346.jpg
    Tried draining the fuel out of the bowl of the LH carb first. Fuel came out easily enough. But when the bike was started it still had the leak. Bugger!

DSC00343.jpg
    Useful tip#1: Use an old baking tray to collect any leaking fuel.
    Useful tip#2: Don’t then stand on it, flipping it over and getting fuel everywhere anyway! Good job I don’t smoke…

DSC00349.jpg
    So off with the LH fairing, side panel and petrol tank…

DSC00350.jpg
    The airbox etc is all pretty crammed in. To get at the airbox out I had to first discomnect the ignition module, then remove the battery, loosen off the battery box and and disconnect the rectifier!

DSC00353.jpg
    Finally, the carbs!

Ran out of time (inclination!) and covered the carbs before putting the bike away. Off with the carbs tomorrow, and then I will give them a clean-out!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.