return of jinxerchic lol

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe return of jinxerchic lol

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

grrrrrrrrrrr about to purchase my 4th rear tyre this year, this time due to a sharp object leaving me with a flat tyre up on the c n f! wondered why bike felt odd banked over on the A537 ahem lmao[}:)]

Thumper
    Participant

[Jinkster chic returns]

Well it ended ok in the end….all back in one piece, (no peace from the neighbours though!)
    As you may have gathered, Davers, Gix & I started off from Tamworth an had a very pleasant ride up to the Cat & Fiddle near Buxton It was warm but a little windy, and we had a nice razz around some lovely bends in that part of the world, making the most of getting by the at times quite busy Sunday traffic. I seems everyone was trying to kid themselves it was the last remnants August sunshine!
    Up, down and back to the top of the pass we went before stopping for a drinky at the pub, and who should we bump into…yep Max!
    An hour later we we off for the last sctrcth when Gix noticed her flat back tyre. Here’s a piccy shortly after a gem of a stranger saw her plight and gave Gix a Tyre Weld can to get her to a garage!….This chap refused any money for the can, and that sort of generosity restores you faith in human nature somewhat doesn’t it….A top notch guy.

This is Davers & Gix grappling with the problem…..you can see where the Tyre Weld stuff was seeping out of the hole tin the tyre….Gix doesn’t do things in halve does she?!?!

So we all took it steady on the way back, and we all live to ride another day. I for enjoyed your company today chaps (& girly!) and would recommend riding behind Gix anyday. She clears the road ahead of all sharp objects wonderfully! Unluckly luv, but it could have been much worse.

Radar

post-10-1157320498.jpg

Radar

Sorry to see you having bother again Gix, how many miles on this tyre?
    Looks like you had a decent run. I went out on mt todd as I did not have much time. Did 60 miles and hit three cafes, on on Clee Hill, one in Bridgnorth and one in Bewdley. I will post some pictures tomorrow.

Born2BMild
    Participant

Can’t you repair bike tyres then? Thats worrying. Sorry to hear you’re having more trouble, Gix.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

There she goes again, always has to be the centre of attention! Damn unlucky one Gix.

B2BM – You can put tubes in tubeless tyres sometimes, you can also repair punctures which are in certain places (not too near the sides) but at the end of the day, you have to have confidence that it’s a good repair if you’re going to be doing fast speeds on a 2 wheeled machine. I think most bikers will pay the price for a new tyre rather than risk a blow-out if they sit and think what could happen, I certainly would.
    PS: Tyre-weld and its clones reckon it’s a temporary fix which gets you to a garage as it did in this case.

Gix
    Participant

It got me home….at slightly above the recommended limit on speed ahem.
    The puncture is actually in the optimum repair area but I dont know of a place that will touch now it has had weld in it, bad enough trying to get tyre replaced with a weld solution in it….bet they give me a bucket of soapy water and make me clean it off the rim bugger.[}:)]

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Unlucky Gix hun! At least yer safe lol! and thats what’s important! :) Dont arf get through some tyres lol! But thats sportsbikes for ya lol! We have Avon venom and they last for quite a few thousand miles :) ie 10,000 miles :)

Digger
    Participant

You can try vulcanising the tyre Giz,prezzo`s brother tim done it just before we went to france and it gave him no problems,It`s like a plug that is tappered and is put in from inside the tyre and drawn out with a special tool.The air pressure does the rest and is safe and reliable.

Gix
    Participant

yes but it cant be done after using a temporary tyre weld cos of the mess it makes, unless i scrub inside of tyre as well as rim! Not many places round here will replace the tyre till old tyre removed and rim cleaned, I am expecting to be handed a bucket of soapy water when I take bike in as it is.[:(!]

GSF K1
    Participant

At least this time you didnt leave a trail of oil in your wake!!

Never mind… spring will soon be here!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.