On my way at last

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe On my way at last

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mecanic
    Participant

Hi all
    You may have seen some chat on me buying Radars Baby 6 and the basket case Cb100N I have and the total lack of ability to actually ride either.

Well one of those is fixed. Passed my CBT last Saturday [:D] so I’m itching to get out there.

Original idea was to get the CB100 up and running but now I’ve actually got a license, the weeks its going to take me (if I can get it through a MOT) now feel like years.

So if anyones got a cheap running 125 in the west mids area that they want to get rid of please drop me a message.

Cheers

Mecanic

HippoDrones
    Participant

well done on passing your CBT mate :)

Radar

Well done bud, soon be out and about on Baby 6!

mecanic
    Participant

Thanks Lads

Right, found a potential candidate for getting me on the road quickly a Honda NSR125 R 2001.

Anyone give me some wise words on anything particular to check when I look it over.

Buying from an aquaintance so I’m sure the deal would be straight, but apparently the bike has been standing for a year or so although they’ve got it running ready for the sale.
    Any advise appreciated.

Cheers

Mecanic
    P.S. Radar – hope you realize this could be 3 – 2 mate! ;o)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Congrats on the test!

NSR125 is a pretty good bike. Bikes that have stood a bit generally need a new battery (or a charge up at least) and attention to the brakes. Fork seals are worth a check too as they dry out and tear a bit on the first few movements. A quick scan with a dry finger around the bike lets you know of any potential leaks. I’d also change the oil and filter straight away if you buy it.
    Check the tyres for flat spots and bulges if it has been stored while resting on them.
    Listen for engine noise while on the centre stand if it has one. Any strange rattles could mean a rebuild and I guess you’re not up for that at the moment!
    Other guys may point out a few I’ve missed. Good luck.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by mecanic

P.S. Radar – hope you realize this could be 3 – 2 mate! ;o)

But I lead 1-0 on a licence!!

Good look with the NSR, they are decent bike, just keep an out out for stuff related to it been laid up for a while: Gummed up carb, replace brake fluid, check tyres.

mecanic
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Imperialdata

Sorry Radar, it’s officially 3-2 now, NSR with a shiney new MOT and insurance is tucked away next to Baby 6 for the night.

Really frustrated as it’s great weather out there but I can’t get any tax ’til next week !! Ba humbug

P.S. CBT’s got to count for 0.5 on the license stakes so its 1-0.5 not 1-0 mate ;o)

Mecanic

Radar

Tax it Monday!!! While the weather holds!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.