Michelin 2CT Tyres Pilot Power

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Michelin 2CT Tyres Pilot Power

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    daz
    Participant

just a word on tyres..
    i was very impressed with the mitchie 2ct tyres i put on my rsv for france, they never twitched in the wet and were very good in the dry.
    as for durability i have done 2800 miles on them and still have 2.5mm in the center section. all the lads who went to france were considering them as their next tyres…daz[:D]

Radar

They were certainly grippier than the Bridgestone BT21 I had fitted to my Thundercat. It must be made from concrete!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

What price did you pay Daz?

daz
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

What price did you pay Daz?

paid 180 for them ID thru the trade but have seen them on the net for the same price.-also been a recall on 120/70×17 fronts the serial no is dot 6ucw980t or 6ucw979t only the french made ones and they will replace them irrespective of tread wear….daz

Gix
    Participant

are they the pilot sports 2ct or powers 2ct you got Daz?

daz
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

are they the pilot sports 2ct or powers 2ct you got Daz?

pilot power gix. mitchie web site said it was a minor tread patern defect and no reported accidents, they just want to give complete customer satisfaction so i will be havin a new one when i find out the return procedure. done 3000 mls on em now with no probs at all…daz

Radar
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Have heard of the tread falling off the tyres on the 2ct’s, am running a front at the mo and its gonna be replaced in a week or 2

daz
    Participant

Hi everyone foned michelin on tuesday 5.15 got me new tyre wednesday morn 8.30 now thats what i call service. Only bummer about all this was while my bike was on paddock stand it somehow fell on to my 17yr old daughters foot nd broke her big toe. not mention my front mud guard nd scratched side panel….gutted So it wasnt such a free tyre after all[:(] ps mitchie hotline no. is 0800454774 nd have ur batch no. ready-4 didgets after dot no. …daz

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by daz

Hi everyone foned michelin on tuesday 5.15 got me new tyre wednesday morn 8.30 now thats what i call service. Only bummer about all this was while my bike was on paddock stand it somehow fell on to my 17yr old daughters foot nd broke her big toe. not mention my front mud guard nd scratched side panel….gutted So it wasnt such a free tyre after all[:(] ps mitchie hotline no. is 0800454774 nd have ur batch no. ready-4 didgets after dot no. …daz

Glad your tyre is sorted and hope your daughter isn’t in plaster too long! You could always charge her for the damage to the bike!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.