Gix is back!

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Gix is back!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Oil and filter changed, coolant changed, brake fluid changed, everything greased. Just gotta change reg plate and take tyres down to MOT place, give the go ahead for insurance and tax it once it’s been tested, and I’m good (ish) to go lol

On the contrary, dads bike is beyond repair. The mould brackets on the frame holding dog bone have broken, it’s a right off, un repairable. He could replace the frame but cost is too much so parts are being sold off it.

ses310

Welcome backĀ  ;D

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Yay! How is the back holding out then? Must be a lot better than 6 months ago?

On the contrary, dads bike is beyond repair. The mould brackets on the frame holding dog bone have broken, it’s a right off, un repairable. He could replace the frame but cost is too much so parts are being sold off it.

Not repairable by welding or bonding with adhesive?

Gix
    Participant

Back is crap, disc above surgery site has prolapsed now, but I’m not waiting anymore, it’s driving me nuts, so I’m gonna just potter about on it on sunny days, nothing too much, now hanging off it or big mileage, just enough to save my sanity.

Dads bike can’t be welded unfortunately, it’s already being broken for parts now as well lol

Radar

Welcome back to the road, you will have to pop over if the back is up to it. I get Mrs Radar to make (lots of) scones!

Sorry to see the Millie looking a bit ill. When did that happen?

Does he intend to get another bike?

Gix
    Participant

Happened on Sunday Radar, he was just going over speed humps through village and it snapped.
    I think he will get another bike, but he’s thinking of a monster or similar, he’s 70 this year, he’s looking at more upright riding position.

Gix
    Participant

028da17111cc7094c596bcc8b3a9a680_zpscabd1420.jpg
    63ce5bcaafee3721886bbee72c2d9fc6_zps5cc224ad.jpg

9aabd0cc5a39c03e886c7e6ef00da1d2_zpsa0f7d89d.jpg
    315e6d171b2367b4a8f34bff7f1562a6_zpscca6014a.jpg

Radar

Shame about Ron’s bike, it looked tidy otherwise :(

Good to the GSXF blinking in sunlight once more though! ;D

katana
    Participant

Glad you’re back.

Shame about the Mille, I’ve always wanted one.

Gix
    Participant

Passed the MOT, no advisories! Of course I went the long way home……lol

Radar

Passed the MOT, no advisories! Of course I went the long way home……lol

Great news, hope you enjoyed yourself!

What is your range with the bad back?

Just as a thought would a more upright bike like an FZ1 or Z1000 suit you better now?

Gix
    Participant

Range at the minute, about 20 miles lol, and yes an upright bike would be more sensible……but then nothing about me is sensible lol

Radar

Range at the minute, about 20 miles lol, and yes an upright bike would be more sensible……but then nothing about me is sensible lol

Well that’s 20 miles more than you could manage! Nope, there isn’t much sensible about you, and you are all the better for that!

How about a Aprilia Tuono? Loads of grunt and upright, just watch the suspension linkages…

Gix
    Participant

It’s a v twin…..lol

Maybe if I get awarded my money back in court on 26th, I’ll buy something sensible, but will always keep a sports bike, could not be without one lol

ses310

Great to have you back on the road Gix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.