Classic Show:Cleobury Mortimer 13/09 PICCIES ADDED

Home Forums Meetings and events Classic Show:Cleobury Mortimer 13/09 PICCIES ADDED

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Anybody up for going?

I was going to venture out with MrsRadar on pillion, so could make a good two-up run?

Let me know

TT07
    Participant

This is what our local rag has to say about the event:-

CLEOBURY Mortimer will echo to the sound of classic motorbikes over the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, September 12 and 13.

The annual Borders Classic Bike Show, at the Lacon Childe School, will raise funds for the school and local charities.

This year, a cheque for £500 will be presented to the Kidderminster Prostate Cancer Support Group.

Entries come from as far as Wiltshire and range from a rare 1913 Lancashire-built Bradbury to a 2002 350cc Yamaha TZ350 racer.

Enthusiast, Dave Clark, will have a restored 650cc BSA Golden Flash, while Steve Todd will have his 350cc Royal Enfield “Currysader”, which blends an old British-built bike with a more modern Indian-made engine.

Guest of honour is retired racer, Bob Heath, who was a champion classic racer until he opted to drive steam trains as a volunteer on the Severn Valley Railway.

The show is open from 10am to 5pm on both days. There will be a bike jumble on the Sunday, when awards for the concours competition will be presented.

TT07
    Participant

Doubt that I can make it Radar, its also Heritage Sunday so I’ve have my Bewdley Town Council hat and cloak on!

BigBen
    Participant

working :(( ridiculous hours at that, which is why ive not posted for a while

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Could probably make that one Radar. You still up for it?

Radar

Yep, the basic plan is to meet at mine at 10am ish, wonder over to Cleobury, hour or so at the show that go for another ride, 50 mile loop or so and grab a pub somewhere like Ludlow or Bewdley for example. Thumper is muttering about coming too. Could you get in touch with Eddie and invite him?

Radar

Any takers??

katana
    Participant

Sorry mate I can’t make it this year.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Still hoping to – will call you asap

TT07
    Participant

Will now be joining you, but must get back into Bewdley 2’ish. Any of the non-forum lads joining us?

Radar

At moment it just me, you and Imperialdata (riding Toggsy XZ9R)

Radar

Good run today, pics to follow

TT07 (GSXR1000)
    Gix (CBR1000RR)
    Toggs (GT550)
    Imperial Data (ZX9R)
    Thumper (Tiger)
    and Myself (FZ1S)

enjoyed a good get together and an excellent show. More words and pics later

Radar

A good forum meet on Sunday, if not quite the 2-up event I had planned! TT07, Thumper and ID joined me for the ride up to Cleobury Mortimer where Lacon Childe school was hosting its’ excellent Classic bike Show once again. A brief 15 mile or so blat up the A456 and A4117 and we were soon rolling into the bike park. As usual this provided a good amount to see as classics, moderns, rats and trikes were packed into two playgrounds…

We had a good snoot about and once inside the show lived up to expectations with a good selection of beautifully presented classics of Japanese, British, German and Italian origin in the main halls.

It was good event and I bumped into a few old mates too, which was a bonus. However I was a bit gutted for one friend who had been knocked of his beautifully rebuilt Royal Enfield Interceptor only 3 days and 40 miles of passing its’ MOT. At least he was in one piece…

Anyway a few pics…

P9134894.jpg
    My FZ1S, TT07’s Gixxer thou and Toggsy’s ZX9R (Imperial data had use of it for the day)
    P9134897.jpg
    ID, TT and Thumper
    P9134902.jpg
    Usual Trike shot…
    P9134904.jpg
    Cool Commando…doesn’t that mean not wearing underpants?
    P9134909.jpg
    BSA Spitfire…evocative name…beautiful bike
    P9134913.jpg
    Very tidy T500 Suzuki…extra points for spotting ID in this shot
    P9134914.jpg
    Norton, clearly still earning its’ keep
    P9134919.jpg
    Green Meanie KH250…I remember an old mate ripping around Four Oaks on a bike just like back in 1982/3!
    P9134924.jpg
    Now that is an exhaust! Velocette
    P9134929.jpg
    The GT750 shot! Same owner for the last 30 years…even longer than ID has owned his GPz!
    P9134937.jpg
    I lusted after one of these back in 1982, Laverda RGS1000
    P9134952.jpg
    Note the fag carrier and lighter…nice touch lol
    P9134963.jpg
    Bang up to date and very mean in the flesh, the Ducati Streetfighter
    P9134965.jpg
    BSA paying lip service to the concept of silencing!
    P9134968.jpg
    Heavily reworked LC, loving the spannies, but do they look better unmolested???
    P9134980.jpg
    Toggs and Gix had joined up with us by now…this picture should really be a caption contest…
    P9134986.jpg
    Impressive line-up in the main hall
    P9134988.jpg
    Bimota with GSXR1100 lump…apparently the back whell is ultra light and the owner keep taking it off the bike and passing it to people to demonstrate the fact
    P9134989.jpg
    Beautiful TZ
    P9134996.jpg
    Toggsy’s recently acquired Suzuki GT550 looked at home
    P9135011.jpg
    Mine, they’re all mine! Toggsy with his GT550, ZX9R and Fireblade! ID had the 9R, Gix his Blade…he had the GT and a huge great smile; funny old world!
    P9135016.jpg
    Thumper, Toggs, Gix and ID head off home.

Cheers to TT, ID, Thumper, Toggsy and Gix for coming out to play…here’s to the next time

Edit: Missing pic added

HippoDrones
    Participant

great pics, a mate of mine is doing up an old Commando. Will pester him to join and post up his rebuild

Thumper
    Participant

Thanks for the report and pictures Radar.
    I really enjoyed the show, pleasant company and super weather.
    There was a favorite bike for just about anyone there. I had too many to mention ;-)
    We all had a nice ride back to Sutton Coldfield from Kidderminster, via Bridgenorth, Shifnal & Brewood. We are lucky having such nice countryside.

Roll on the nexr ride out eh? – an Indian summer would be good too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.