Been modding my metal…..

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Been modding my metal…..

• This topic has 20 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Gix.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Yes please!!!!!
    Have thought about getting air soft rifle, but I don’t play lol are they any good against pheasants? Lol

HippoDrones
    Participant

they seem to break my skin easy enough lol… but I don’t think they would kill a bird clean, just injure it which is a bit mean

Gix
    Participant

Yeah I’m not into leaving a trail of injured pheasants.
    Might still get one eventually, cos I can still do target practice with one (I’m assuming! My crossbow shoots BBs as well as bolts and they are ok for target practice).

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye, a good quality AEG (battery powered) would be ok for target practice…. but if you want super accuracy you’d want to upgrade the hop and barrel. If not using it for airsofting you could upgrade the spring too which as long as the gun/motor/gearbox is of high enough quality will give a significant amount more power. The legal limit for airsoft sites is 350fps unless a sniper (which will then not be allowed to engage people within a certain distance) of 500fps

But you have to be careful as upping the power can take these out of the toy bracket and into the gun bracket.

My SA80 has an adjustable spring… low is around 330fps, med around 350fps and high around 380fps when firing 0.2g BBs, I use 0.25g which slows them down a bit but makes them more accurate.

Def need to upgrade the hop and barrel if you put a bigger spring in as the BBs will not fire straight with more power behind them. The hop puts a spin on the BB which is adjustable so you can get them firing pretty straight over almost the whole of their range if adjusted correctly.

The hop you can mod yourself quite easy, check out R-Hop or H-Hop or G-Hop on youtube, the barrel on a std gun is normally around 6.05mm, I have upgraded my SA80 to a 6.03mm, the snipers can go to 6.01mm safely as they are firing single shot, and using BBs of around 0.4g with a decent hop set up they seriously out range everything if done right and are very consistent and accurate. A sniper rifle out the box tho will be useless.

But full auto is where it is at for me, and pistol sniping…. I like hiding until the other team are right on me then pop up with a pistol in each hand and take out as many as I can from close range :D

Gix
    Participant

I’m assuming you can use any aftermarket rails and sights, especially snipers, should you so wish?
    Do you ever air soft in the dark?

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye, there is a whole heap of accessories you can fit, most use a 20mm picanty rail system (except my SA80 which has a 19mm rail (which is what the real rifle has) I have replaced the fore grip with a quad 20mm rail which means all sorts of bits will now fit it :-)

I have done some CQB in a bunker system which was mostly in the dark. We are gonna do some night games on my local site which is in the woods too…. for that we will fit tracer units and each team will use different colored glow in the dark BBs :D

Gix
    Participant

Accessorising is almost as pleasurable as purchasing the weapon….lol

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.