Aftermarket fairings

Home Forums Product reviews Aftermarket fairings

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Looking good!

cbr600fairings
    Participant

Hell, this is David from >> Link not allowed. Please read forum rules <<  Guys pls feel free to contact me if need any help.Our company also have a good website for all the fairings kit: >> Link not allowed. Please read forum rules <Note from Admin – Please introduce yourself and contribute a little to the chat before making links  ;)

Radar

Popped in on Katana while test riding the MT-07 on Saturday and took the opportunity to take a look at the fairing kit.

They look good and will brighten the bike up to an extent that slightly surprised me. Looking forward to seeing the finished bike

cbr600fairings
    Participant

I will give you guys discount if you guys like my fairings and want to buy a replacement one for your bike.

Thanks, Everyone.

katana
    Participant

A little more progress last weekend.

Belly pan on
    DSC05004_zps49ac1a54.jpg

New and old top fairing
    DSC05005_zpsad00ddc8.jpg
    can you spot the first real issue I’ve had with these fairings? ……………….. a couple of missing holes for the screen.

Unfortunately I didn’t spot it until I’d fitted the top fairing!
    DSC05010_zps59def685.jpg

SwindonAndy popped round for a cuppa
    DSC05058_zps915d4037.jpg

After some tense drilling I fitted the screen
    DSC05059_zps17a6cc92.jpg

Had to trim a bit off the inner fairing panel on one side
    DSC05056_zpsfea741fa.jpg

Hopefully get it finished this weekend.

Radar

Good progress and looking good. Not surprised a little fettling has been needed, but the end results seem to be worth it.

Swindon A looking happy and good to see the Katana making a sneaky appearance in the background

ses310

Looks good mate!

katana
    Participant

Cheers Ses

Should get it finished tomorrow.

I’ll post final pictures and a write up.

katana
    Participant

Did the final bit of fettling to the fairing today and also rebuilt the front brakes, and fitted a new back tyre.

Pleased with the fairing. Colour is a little brighter then the original but still looks the part:

DSCF0267_zps52c45b32.jpg

DSCF0266_zps99998c0a.jpg

DSCF0254_zps97141653.jpg

If any of you are thinking about fitting an aftermarket fairing here are my words of “wisdom”

Take your time!! – there will be some fettling needed to get things to fit. I’m still not 100% happy with the fit on some parts of mine but I’m going to ride the bike for a bit and let things settle.

Not all of the existing fittings will fit so have plenty of metric cap heads and washers available. In most cases the fittings on the new fairing were better then the original e.g. using captive threaded inserts instead of self tapping screws.

Radar

Got to say the Blade looks great Kat ;D

katana
    Participant

Cheers Radar

HippoDrones
    Participant

looking good :-)

imperialdata
    Keymaster

The ‘blade looks superb and the garage looks an excellent place to work in too, great space.

Radar

The ‘blade looks superb and the garage looks an excellent place to work in too, great space.

Garage? That’s the ‘Kat Cave’!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

My mistake, Alfred.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.