Aberdare Park Racing. 25th July

Home Forums Meetings and events Aberdare Park Racing. 25th July

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Amma gonna have to bail unfortunately, have 3 things going on that weekend including this event so gotta lose 2, I really need to sort myself out with a diary. Soz peeps :(

No worries Pete, another time! Where are you based now…I get confused easily!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Portsmouth is where I am currently working, so not even driving past you guys and gals at the mo :(

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Pete247

Portsmouth is where I am currently working, so not even driving past you guys and gals at the mo :(

Long haul thats for sure.

Champs
    Participant

something rings a bell on that date. but if I am free I will be there.

ses310

I have just looked at the date properly and realised its my sisters wedding on the saturday so no can do for me…. Would rather go and see some bike racing but don’t think my sister would forgive me !

biker
    Participant

I go to Aberdare every year, great racing around the park ,Micheal Dunlop and some x world champions attending this year so well worth a visit.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by biker

I go to Aberdare every year, great racing around the park ,Micheal Dunlop and some x world champions attending this year so well worth a visit.

Welcome to the forum and for the info about Aberdare. Looks like about 6 or so from here will be riding down. If you are midlands based you are welcome to join us. What bike do you ride?

In the meantime take a look around the forum using this link:
    https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/great-posts-pics-across-the-site-part-2/

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by biker

[:D]Yes, welcome to TBF[:D]

Radar

Well confirmed so far

TT07
    Radar + Red Leader + at least one other
    Thumper is also a strong possibility
    Champs (TBC)

Be good if we could round up some more

Gix
    Participant

Andy might go with you if he isn’t working, I cant, still in plaster, nuther x ray on 26th, the bone is in about 8 pieces so thats my summer buggered again. Have a good time guys.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

Andy might go with you if he isn’t working, I cant, still in plaster, nuther x ray on 26th, the bone is in about 8 pieces so thats my summer buggered again. Have a good time guys.

Shame you wont be healed in time Gix. Be great if Toggs could join us. Not seen out on the Blade recently, he always seems to arrive on the GT!

TT07
    Participant

Details for Aberdare TBF Meet are as follows:-

We will gather at Radars in Kidderminster (as most regular ride out members already know where this is) at 8:30 A.M. on Sunday 25th July and will attempt to leave at 9.00 Sharp, so please fuel up prior to the departure time. The route down will be Kidderminster – Stourport – Bromyard – Hereford – 10-15 mins break just south of Hereford – Abergavenny – Heads of the Valleys Road – Aberdare arriving at about 11:45. We will be parking up at St John the Baptist School which is accessed via DEPOT ROAD CF44 8DL. This is a secure bike parking area for about 2-3 quid, plus for a couple of quid more you can leave all of your gear, so I suggest taking a rucksack with a change of clothing. From there its about 10 mins walk to the park itself, and on the way you pass an Aldi/Lidl/Netto so you can pick up drinks/snacks there. Entrance to the event will be about £12 this year. As previously stated this is a National Event and is held within a town park, so dont expect to see Dolly Birds/huge trade stands its just racing at grass roots level. The track has been re-surfaced this year so the record could well go. Michael Dunlop is due to be there, but I couldn’t decide whether is just an appearance or actually to take part. Basically, as far as we are concerned this is a gathering of The Bike Forum and I hope we all enjoy a pleasent day together. The route back will be via Brecon which is actually no longer distance than the Hereford route, but has some lovely scenery through the Brecon National Park. On the return journey for those that aren’t stuck for time we can stop off for a meal (light salad in Radars words!)

Should anyone who has not yet had a ride out with “The Forum” but would like to join us on this occasion please PM myself or Radar and we will advise you on where you can join us.

Official Aberdare Park Road Races Site:
    https://www.aberdare-park-road-races.co.uk/index.html

My 2008 Report:
    https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/hottest-day-of-the-year/

My 2009 Report:
    https://www.bikemeet.net/forums/topic/aberdare-park-sunday-19th-july/

Radar

Cheers for the update TT, see you on Sunday

Radar

Had a cracking day out and watched some great racing in a most usual setting, Reveiw and pics to follow…

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.