Home Forums Biking abroad 2011

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Radar

It will be three years since I last rode abroad…got to go somewhere and get some Euro miles in!

TT07
    Participant

Ah, so your Spanish Biking breaks with member spanish biker dont count then! lol

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by TT07

Ah, so your Spanish Biking breaks with member spanish biker dont count then! lol

They do, but they were way back in 2008! So in 2011 it will be three years. I have friends with a place in the Pyrenees that i would like to go and visit. Also I would love to tour the Normandy beaches to check out the events surrounding D-Day.

Will shall see what 2011 brings i suppose

TT07
    Participant

Crickey, yes, that was ’08, how time flies eh!

CCRevell
    Participant

Well if you need accomodation en-route I know somebody who has a 2 man tent you could borrow. Apparently he couldn’t understand how to put it up!!!!

Radar

I am not brilliant with tents myself! When I ‘did’ France, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco in 07 I stayed in hotels and B&Bs! Check out the reviews on here…happy times

katana
    Participant

left my (very muddy) tent at the Bulldog this year

Radar

Loads of people abandon them at festivals too, I think they collect them up and ship off to various needy places around the globe

Champs
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Also I would love to tour the Normandy beaches to check out the events surrounding D-Day.

Keep this idea going, I would be interested and I think a couple of others maybe too

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Champs

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

Also I would love to tour the Normandy beaches to check out the events surrounding D-Day.

Keep this idea going, I would be interested and I think a couple of others maybe too

OK Champs, sounds good to me..bit of company would be most welcome!

Radar

Two things under discussion now:

1. Run to Normandy and
    2. Trip to Germany with some folks from the Thundercat forum to meet some german owners

Champs
    Participant

But I don’t have a Thundercat, I have this image of me riding 100 yards behind everyone else. In the group but pretending I am not.

HAHA

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Champs

But I don’t have a Thundercat, I have this image of me riding 100 yards behind everyone else. In the group but pretending I am not.

HAHA

On the last Thundercat run only 4 out of 10 riders were still riding one. But they are a friendly lot…they might even talk to you…

The Normandy run is definately on if you are still interested Champs (and anybody else for that matter)

Champs
    Participant

People talking to me! Oh no… Don’t know about that.

Whats you plan for Normandy? And I will put the request forms in with the wife and bank manager.

Radar

No fixed plans as yet Champs, give me a bell and we can work on dates etc. Basically I am looking at a long weekend, probably in July

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.