1997 kawasaki ER5

Home Forums Members’ bikes 1997 kawasaki ER5

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Phil_ER5
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

Wehey! Congratulations on the pass!!! [:D]
    Shame about the drop but luckily easy fix! Well done Phil!

cheers mate.

The great thing you get with bikes (and ive noticed this after approx 100 miles) is the cameraderie (sp). People flashing headlights, nodding or waving is something I seldom got in the car scene, and is something that to me as a newbie is still a novelty that pleases me no end.

So if you see a blue ER5 roaming around north wales give it a wave.. you will make my day… lol..

Born2BMild
    Participant

Well done on the pass mate.

PINGU
    Participant

Well done on the pass and welcome, you’ll love it here great people r we bikers…
    by the way your little drop, we’ve all done it or almost done it at some point don’t sweat it too much.

A good tip is don’t park facing down hill if you can help it as the bike can roll slightly and cause the stand to flip up, if you do have to park on an incline put your bike in gear (engine off) and roll it forward a touch before you put the stand down, this will stop it falling over so easily and it makes pulling away easier too especially if your on a busy
    street leaving the bike between parked cars – it’s safer pulling out forwards than trying to push the bike back up a camber into moving traffic.
    And now you’ve polished those forks – put a little ‘vasaline’ on to the legs (of the forks not yours) stops the road salt for longer and they stay shiny longer, just on the ally not the chrome your fork seals won’t appreciate it much.

any questions just ask…we look after each other cos no bugger else will!

Phil_ER5
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by PINGU

Well done on the pass and welcome, you’ll love it here great people r we bikers…
    by the way your little drop, we’ve all done it or almost done it at some point don’t sweat it too much.

A good tip is don’t park facing down hill if you can help it as the bike can roll slightly and cause the stand to flip up, if you do have to park on an incline put your bike in gear (engine off) and roll it forward a touch before you put the stand down, this will stop it falling over so easily and it makes pulling away easier too especially if your on a busy
    street leaving the bike between parked cars – it’s safer pulling out forwards than trying to push the bike back up a camber into moving traffic.
    And now you’ve polished those forks – put a little ‘vasaline’ on to the legs (of the forks not yours) stops the road salt for longer and they stay shiny longer, just on the ally not the chrome your fork seals won’t appreciate it much.

any questions just ask…we look after each other cos no bugger else will!

thanks for the advice – It has been borne in mind should i need to stop on a slope in that way [:)]

As for it happening – I really surprised myself how mild i was about it happening. I can count my lucky stars there was no paint damage, and the damaged parts were approx £10 to replace including postage :D

The tip for the forklegs will be shortly implemented too! Nice one!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.