ZX10R

Home Forums Streetfighters ZX10R

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

DSC01343.jpg

DSC01350.jpg

what do we think guys??

imperialdata
    Keymaster

It actually looks pretty mean fightered. Rad hoses spoil it a bit but otherwise it’s a nice looking bike.

BigBen
    Participant

i thought that too…its the shape of the front end that make it look great…except i dont see why people cover the air intake with a daft headlight….you wont get any performance out of it :S

katana
    Participant

I really like that.

You are right ID – I would make up some polished stainless rad hoses. Also I reckon an oval stubby can tucked in under the gearbox with its exit just about where the link pipe joins would be good. Or an underseat system because the can sort of clutters up the rear end.

Ben – I like the front end too, but see your point on air intake

BigBen
    Participant

or just go with some coloured samco hoses..but depends really.
    with reguard to the stubby- the downpipes would have to be shortened but about 2 inches before the link pipe is joined sits the ex-up valve so would have to be removed or relocated.

i agree with the underseat exhaust though..i was watching a swingarm on ebay for the 2006 model with the cut out for the pipe to go through and it ended with no bids at £29.99. would have been a good conversion!
    but i still think a single sided swingarm is the best way to go with it..exhaust can go anywhere then.

TT07
    Participant

Pretty tasty I’d say, BUT, the wiring loom outside of the frame and wrapped outside of the forks sure need re-thinking. I guess they must be as good as impossible to re-route or it would already have been done.

BigBen
    Participant

its possible to do..but i think the best idea would be to lengthen everything as i found it difficult re-routing wires because theyre just too damn short..the guy that built this probly couldnt be bothered, he was american :P

still pretty damn sweet though

i was going to create something like this..but im not sure now..i like having fairings. plus ive re-routed the wires best i could already so itll all still be neater whatever i decide to do.

Radar

Looks good, but the rad pipes and loom need to tideied as other commented. Bigger headlight?

BigBen
    Participant

yep! just take the custom streetfighter universal boll**ks off it ‘cos it ruins it.
    best way: keep the standard air intake + headlight + headlight cowls (to hide the wiring) then add the screen and itd look a bit good.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.