York biker banned for ‘shocking’ 104mph

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe York biker banned for ‘shocking’ 104mph

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

Never once said that I didn’t need to improve anything. Compared to a lot of people I’m a novice rider, having gained a restricted full license at 18, but compared to a lot of people my age (24) I’ve racked up a lot more miles using a bike for my only transport. This is all beside the point and the last message I’m posting.

Radar

Never once said that I didn’t need to improve anything. Compared to a lot of people I’m a novice rider, having gained a restricted full license at 18, but compared to a lot of people my age (24) I’ve racked up a lot more miles using a bike for my only transport. This is all beside the point and the last message I’m posting.

Good new name ben, how come you won’t be posting anymore?

BigBen
    Participant

Thanks Radar, that is my nickname and im trying to set all my usernames to the same one, (am posting on other forums too) but i will still be here. i meant im not posting on this topic anymore.
    thanks to ID for changing my username :D

Gix
    Participant

didnt mean to upset you Ben, I just posted in reply to your “not needing a lesson in road riding” comment.

I dont mean to upset anyone, I just tend to speak my mind and not beat around the bush. I also get peeved when folks say horses should be kept off roads, if thats the way people really feel, then join with us and petition for bridle paths to be reopened, we dont want to go on roads, its dangerous, and not as much fun as the countryside ;-)

craftycarmy
    Participant

To be quite honest if that biker had been doin 104mph the horse would’ve reacted and bolted at that speed. But looking at the horse seems quite calm with no reaction. which makes it very suspect. I used to ride horses when I was younger. When someone passed at great speed past us (must’ve been about 80mph), all the horses reacted, there were 7 of us.  Some of the horses bolted others ran across road etc. But that horse in video was very calm. It is SUSPECT ;) Hiya Gix how are ya hun? You still tearing up the roads? er hum allegedly hehehe

Gix
    Participant

Hi Barmy! Unfortunately not tearing up the roads of late as I have had an operation on my back so am grounded from both horses and bikes at the minute. Hows you and yours?

craftycarmy
    Participant

Sorry to hear about your back hun…you must be gutted ;).  I’m not too bad waiting for a warm summer…….Welll I can dream hun hehehe. This is going to be the 1st Christmas in 35yrs without Dave, will feel very strange, but will have the family around me and my son is cooking the Christmas dinner….Lol I taught him well ;) ;D How bout you hun all set for Christmas? Well I hope you got people waiting on you ;) You take care Gix hun ;)

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.