Yes its a trike but (somehow) its still a bike

Home Forums Pure Petrolhead Bike engined cars Yes its a trike but (somehow) its still a bike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TT07
    Participant

Under the classification of bike engined cars, you would normally expect just the engine to go into the car, not though in this case almost all of the bike went into it as well …..

0806010062.jpg

0806010063.jpg

Spotted at one of the local bikers cafes at Craven Arms, Shropshire.
    The owner/constructor said he cannot physically keep upright a sports bike, so when a Fireblade became available at the right price he used his knowledge attained over many years of car construction to build from scratch his “Special”, He sure had a very wide grin when discussing what it goes like, and clearly continues to enjoy the performance his machine has got on a regular basis. After donning his flying cap he sure took off at a fair rate of knots. Question is did the Worcestershire based Grinnall Brothers base their BMW engined trike

11.jpg

on this design, or did this guy build his own version of theirs?
    One thing though, it sure is different.

Radar

Interesting idea.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Never seen one with virtually a whole bike strapped on the back! Love the Grinnall Scorpions though, they are really the best styled 3 wheelers by far in my book.

N1teMare
    Participant

this type of build has been around for years, i’ve seen pictures of various builds using almost complete bikes all over the place, most frequently appear to be built in America…

here’s a couple that i found from a Goldwing site that i’m a member of ….

Shep’s reverse trike, unfortunately i can’t find any photo’s of it finished (i have seen them), his own site is now gone as he passed away a year or two ago, this thing has a timber (plywood construction) bonded and bolted to steel from memory, most of a GL1100 bolted into the rear bodywork and a homebuilt/designed electric reverse …
    Scorpionsidescoop2.jpg

sideview..
    Scorpionsidescoop.jpg

an interesting VW shelled reverse trike Goldwing powered..
    trike109.jpg

sideview..
    trike61.jpg

and the only picture i can find of this one (no info at all)…
    VW_Front_steering.jpg

Radar

I think the first of the trikes N1temare has posted is meant to look like a Vector W2 supercar

800px-VectorW8.jpg

Loving the bug bodied wing

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice pics guys. The Beetle made me laugh too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.