Yamaha YBR250 or X max – Mug of tea or Espresso?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Yamaha YBR250 or X max – Mug of tea or Espresso?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I applied for a journo job recently…I didn’t get the gig…here is one of the three articles I had to submit for you guys to have a look at. They set the title and I was limited to 200 words. Reading this back I can see why I didn’t progress to be honest. Oh well, back to the day job!

In life there is often more than one way to approach a problem: Compare the Yamaha YBR250 and X-max this becomes evident.  As fuel prices rise and congestion chokes our cities the commuter motorbike is increasingly coming to the fore as motorcycling edges back towards being been the practical necessity it once was
    The YBR offers a conventional experience; tube frame, manual gearbox, telescopic forks, large wheels and upright riding position. It is for those who prefer the look and feel of a regular motorbike.
    The Xmax is the latest evolution of a trend that started back in the 1960’s, but is now regaining ground rapidly…the scooter. Mechanically they could not be more different, the YBR represents the norm, while the Xmax has automatic transmission, enclosed mechanics and smaller wheels. The feet forward riding position and ‘twist and go’ simplicity of the Xmax combine with its’ onboard storage to make it a superb commuter…quick enough, very economical and somewhere to put your helmet and gear when you arrive.
    So two ways to answer the same question, both different and both right…one is mug of tea the other an espresso in tiny china cup….you pays your money and you make your choice! 

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Article  looks good. Extremely difficult to do in 200 words.

ses310

Article  looks good. Extremely difficult to do in 200 words.

I agree

Radar

I also did a crash helmet review…I have posted this in the product review area.

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/shark-aero-s500-crash-helmet-review/

The other peice was a 500 word review of my FZ1S, I based that on my review on here. I have added that to the end of my FZ1S running report as a reply in the ‘Jap Stuff’ section

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/2007-yamaha-fz1s-life-and-times-over-10200-miles/.msg57074#msg57074

I would be interested in folks feedback

Radar

Incidentally I went for the Mug if tea v Expresso theme, not sure it really worked

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.