Yamaha SR125 – project

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Yamaha SR125 – project

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    imperialdata
    Keymaster

Practising going prone already!  8)

HippoDrones
    Participant

cool, good to see you getting stuck in, hope the fresh fuel and battery sort things, is the plug in good shape?

Radar

cool, good to see you getting stuck in, hope the fresh fuel and battery sort things, is the plug in good shape?

Seemingly, will do a little more with Zippy on it this weekend if we can. Be good to get it running. How is the RXS? Still on the back burner?

HippoDrones
    Participant

aye, all my spare dosh is going on airsoft at the moment, just purchased a rather tasty Gas Blowback rifle which is more alluring than my lil 100cc bike to me currently

Radar

aye, all my spare dosh is going on airsoft at the moment, just purchased a rather tasty Gas Blowback rifle which is more alluring than my lil 100cc bike to me currently

That airsoft does sound like fun, when you get 5 bung up a link in the cafe section, I don’t really get all the in and out of it.

Meanwhile on the SR the progress has been slow. Zippy is studying for A levels and works weekends. However she does now have the correct battery and I am going to drain out the petrol and put some fresh in it for her so she can have another crack and firing it up. Shame it doesn’t have kick starter

zippy
    Participant

starter solenoid has arrived, just have to fit it and see if that helps get it running. Had someone come and look at it today looking for a bike to use for work and back. They are going to get back to us soon :)

Radar

After I long period of sitting under a cover while Zippy did her A levels Thumper and I coaxed the SR into life yesterday. The starter has packed up rather than the solenoid.

Cleaned the spark plug, a bit of easy start and off it went, bump started into life. 

ses310

Excellent

Radar

Had great fun riding up and down the close. Time to clean it up now

katana
    Participant

I want a go

Radar

Pop up Sunday afternoon if you like, be good to catch up

zippy
    Participant

Decided to sell the bike as time is running out to fix it as I am hopefully off to uni in September. Stuck it up on gumtree and got a surprising amount of interest. Rescue bike now has a new home and should be up and running properly soon :)

This now means I have made space for another bike right?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.