XJR1300SP

Home Forums Jap stuff XJR1300SP

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I was in my local bike shop today (Motorcycle Mart Kidderminster), and had a sit on the mighty XJR, suprised by the low seat height to be honest.
    £3995 for a Y plate showing 7,500 miles. Had a half fairing too.

Don’t ask me about the karting…..

sid
    Participant

dump the fairing its ugly and i know i’m biased but theyre very under-rated in power and comfort

life sucks get used to it

Radar

Half fairing had twin mini lights and did look slightly odd. Is that price any good?

Don’t ask me about the karting…..

sid
    Participant

for the time of year and from a dealer its ok although you can get them new for under 5k if you hunt around but the pre 02 model looks better

Radar

If the weather is OK I am test riding it on Saturday. They have the original lights etc and I have already chipped a couple of hundred quid over the phone! We shall see…

I could murder a curry

Gix
    Participant

ooooh you gonna be gettin a new bike eh?[^]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

Depends how it rides, will keep the T cat as well at first if I do buy it, hedging my bets I suppose!

I could murder a curry

sid
    Participant

you’ll love it mate just take someone to drive you home cause it’ll rip your arms outta theyre sockets when you let loose lol

i did the same kept my thunderace for a year when i bought my xjr but only did 100 miles on it

Radar

I will let you know how I get on. Off for a cuppa now!

I could murder a curry

Radar

It rained so I did not get to ride the beast. Next weekend now…

I could murder a curry

Radar

yamaha-xjr1300-01-bikepics-448079.jpg

Well I test rode the XJR for about 20 miles or so and I have to save that I loved it. Totally different to the T cat, a meaty responsive bike that is most at home in the 80-110mph range (I have a friend with a private test track…), but the handling was better than I was expecting. Really easy going bike, and very tuned into howe I feel about my biking right now.

I have to let the salesman know on Monday, but I think I am gonna go for it.

I could murder a curry

sid
    Participant

you wont regret it
    the only things to keep an eye on are the poor lacquer finish and the collector box seems to be a weak point for most but stainless aftermarket replacements can be had for £150 from beowulf
    oh and i’d still dump the fairing lol

Gix
    Participant

Nice Radar, what does Mrs Radar think to it then?

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

katana
    Participant

nice one Radar – and to think I nearly turned you into a Suzuki man

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

Radar

Mrs Radar has given me approval! As for buying a Suzuki…

I could murder a curry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.