Would appreciate your advice

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Would appreciate your advice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

Been thinking about seeing if I can change the colour of the rims on the bike. Havng moved the exhaust up, the wheels look a bit divorced from the rest of the bike from an aesthetic point of few. A picture of it is here somewhere. What d’you reckon?

1. Leave then as they are.
    2. Change then to orange to match the bikes orange bits.
    3. Change them to blue to match the bkes blue bits.

Any comments; good, bad or barmy will be welcome.

Gix
    Participant

Orange.
    The bike I pick up today has orange rim decals, doesnt look good on my bike (too bright) but I will post a pic later so you can see. Pretty sure that you can get them in a more toned down orange which would perhaps be better, but take a look when I post pic and it will give you some sort of idea of what they look like.[;)]

NEW BIKE TODAY!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Born2BMild
    Participant

Thanks, Gix. i though orange as well. though mrs is threatening to divorce me if I do. Any ideas where I can get them properly recoloured if I can’t find the right rims?

Gix
    Participant

Yeah the place I got the 600s tyres from does them I think, Central Wheel Componants in Coleshill, but to have them powder coated will cost you a fortune![:0]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Gix
    Participant

Close up pic of rim decals for you B2BM…..dont look right on the gixer….wrong colour for a start, but orange would tie in nicely on your bike.

img04589vj.jpg

img04574ap.jpg

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

newk
    Participant

iv seen them decals on ebay about £5 any colour you want

Born2BMild
    Participant

I’ve seen them too. Might give them a try as a cheaper option.

speedy claire
    Participant

I`d go with the orange

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!….

Deep down inside me there`s a skinny girl trying to come out, but normally I can shut that b*tch up with some chocolate!…..

Born2BMild
    Participant

Thats what Gix said… great minds and all that!…[^]

Born2BMild
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

Yeah the place I got the 600s tyres from does them I think, Central Wheel Componants in Coleshill, but to have them powder coated will cost you a fortune![:0]

Found a place that will powder coat them for £100. I did wonder about paint and lacquer, but I think powder coting will be more durable.

katana
    Participant

If you are thinking of powder coat try here:

https://www.redditchshotblasting.co.uk/coating.htm

I know a couple of people who has used them with excellent results. Think he is pretty cheap too. I will probably get him to do my wheels over the winter.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

Born2BMild
    Participant

Cheers mate, I’ll look into it. Do you have to take the wheels of the bike or do they?

katana
    Participant

Rung them today and they quoted me £35 per wheel to blast and powder coat in a standard colour or £40 for a metalic colour. You have to strip down the wheels yourself – but at that price I still think its a bargin.

I’ll post some piccys of mine before and after when I get them done.

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

Born2BMild
    Participant

Cheers again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.