Worst journey on a bike…

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Worst journey on a bike…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Mine, 250 miles from Alnwick to Birmingham in the pouring rain…on a Honda CB100N.

I make light look slow

Digger
    Participant

Mine was from Liverpool to coalville,120 mile,[V][V] 2 up in the pouring rain.Through Burton on Trent,the A50 was strewn with pot holes and the road surface was as greasy as a greasy thing.It was mid Feb and it was bloody freezin.

Take it easy out there

sid
    Participant

140 miles out of le havre in the pissing hard rain at 10 o’clock at night with 8 other people following me

life sucks get used to it

Scouser
    Participant

From Liverpool to Upper Boddington near Banbury, freezing cold, 2 up, frozen to the bike, I couldn’t get off and I had frostbite on me muzzy (moustache)

Be seen and be Safe!

GSXR1000
    Participant

Brighton to Norwich on a Puch Maxi at 25mph (max) in mostly thunder and lightning, in 1973.
    The 200 mile journey took me 14 hours.
    But did it on under 2 gallons of pre-mix petrol.

GSF K1
    Participant

1988 riding to work in the snow.. scared sh*tless, but didnt have any other way of getting to work. My first winter with a bike.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Gix
    Participant

I loved riding the GSX-R600 in the snow….go past cars sidewards….loads a laffs![:o)]

NEW BIKE ON FRIDAY!!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSF K1
    Participant

I was 17, first months on a bike and petrified going down the A1 in Hatfield in 6 inches of snow.

Born2BMild
    Participant

Not sure if this counts, but once in Germany, I rode from Fallingbostal and back via Hamburg, Travemunde and Lubbecke. Not such a great distance in a big bike, but took me 18 hours nonstop on a moped. It only did 15 mph tops.

sid
    Participant

theres an army camp in lubbecke isnt there b2bm?

GSF K1
    Participant

I bet the cylinder head was ready to melt after that???

Born2BMild
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sid

theres an army camp in lubbecke isnt there b2bm?

Not sure there is. I use to work out of Fallingbostel Garrison and Normandy Barracks in Sennelager mostly.

Born2BMild
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSF K1

I bet the cylinder head was ready to melt after that???

Nah, it was Ok. It was only an air cooled single cylinder 2 stoke with side inlet valves. Kinda thing you could ride in Germany with no license. I was the one that was in meltdown, lol.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

In my younger years Salisbury to Leicester when it was snowing! Took me quite a few hours to thaw out!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

speedy claire
    Participant

Through the air and landing in a ditch!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!….

Deep down inside me there`s a skinny girl trying to come out, but normally I can shut that b*tch up with some chocolate!…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.