Wondering around Worcestershire and Shropshire at 30 mpt (miles per tea)

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Wondering around Worcestershire and Shropshire at 30 mpt (miles per tea)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I have just enjoyed another good and varied weekend of biking. First up was a little local jaunt on the 550 to a couple of  bike shops to pick up some parts, have a natter with the staff and book myself some test rides! Both the XSR900 and the MT10 from Yamaha, while as a bit of counterpoint to all that sporty stuff, the mighty Indian Chief will be checked out over the next few weeks – cant wait!

DSC_1410R_zpsac2ag9dy.jpg
    XSR900 test ride awaits!

DSC_1413R_zpsgp5nqtrx.jpg
    As does the Transformer like MT10 in a few weeks time

DSC_1418R_zpsfcqx2otc.jpg
    I also dropped in on Mid-West Moto to book a go on a Indian!

DSC_1415M1R_zps8rabm5z1.jpg
    This is actually a brand new 16 plate bike…an Enfield Continental GT

The 550 is a friendly little bike and a joy to punt around the back roads around where I live. Seriously, if I could buy a new ZR550 I probably would.

Things got a bit more serious on Sunday when Ses, Thumper, Toggs and Toggs brother joined me for 70 mile run over some great Worcestershire and Shropshire roads.  Bright sunshine, blue skies and temperatures in the twenties…hard to believe it was a bank holiday in the UK! Where is the wind and the rain we all come to expect!? I took the MV out for this run, and having lowered the ride height a touch and put in Sport mode on the engine mapping, I hugely enjoyed my ride today

DSC_1417R_zpsg2js3jzq.jpg
    Ready for the off, with the mighty Adventure for company

We met up and the cafe just outside Bridgnorth and despite countless visits there over the years it still manages to throw up some interesting bikes to have a gander at.

DSC_1424R_zps2dbtgduu.jpg
    But it wasn’t long before we were drinking tea…

This time the star was a curious trike come sports car not dissimilar to a Grinnall Scorpion. This one is called a T Rex and is pushed along by a Hayabusa motor. Looked well made but for me the styling didn’t have much coherence. Each to their own I suppose!

DSC_1418MR_zpsdocu75bf.jpg
    DSC_1426R_zps52cxwg95.jpg
    DSC_1427RM_zpsw7ueodkd.jpg
    DSC_1430RM_zpsvzaq9jzj.jpg
    DSC_1432R_zpsq7wnayok.jpg
    DSC_1436RM_zpsfgnymov5.jpg
    DSC_1440RM_zpskw4r1ojp.jpg
    The cafe at Bridgnorth provided its normal impromptu ‘bike show’ with a good variety of ‘exhibits’!

We rode a loop running from Bridgnorth along some cracking roads to Craven Arms. There was a fair bit of traffic so the pace was a bit up and down, but you could just roll back on the throttle and drink in the shear beauty of the lush hillside views that surrounded us. We had a ‘rest’ in Craven arms, and had another cuppa – we’re only managing about 30mpt (miles per tea) on this run!

DSC_1442RM_zpsairciwaw.jpg
    The popular GS1200 as piloted by Thumper and Ses

DSC_1443R_zpsiwzn8iww.jpg
    Time for another cuppa after 30 tough miles….

DSC_1450R_zpsnwgfq5il.jpg
    We are apparently the friendliest forum on the web….

DSC_1451RM_zpsmdcbiezv.jpg
    DSC_1456RM_zpsgkufgwlq.jpg
    Some good bikes at Craven Arms too!

Another swift blast followed up to Clee Hill to enjoy one of the best vistas in the UK. The mist did get in the way a bit though!

DSC_1461R_zpsh2fqkkms.jpg
    DSC_1465R_zps5lkipbgq.jpg
    Great views up at Clee Hill as usual

I left the rest of them to it from here, but cheers lads for a cracking mornings riding, tea drinking and chatting. Good times!

elessimo
    Participant

Sounds a good day out!    8)

Radar

Sounds a good day out!    8)

It was, hope you can join us on the next one!

ses310

Cracking day out, great to be out with a group again

Stunter456
    Participant

MT10 looks a brute! That T-Rex thingy is cool too. Nice photos Radar

Radar

MT10 looks a brute! That T-Rex thingy is cool too. Nice photos Radar

Cheers, I am looking forward to my go on the MT10 I must say!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.