Winter Biking

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Winter Biking

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Radar

All this snow we are enjoying at the moment has set me thinking when I used to ride through winters. It was no fun and I do not miss it at all. When I see bikes out in the worst winter weather I just for sorry for the rider and not envy.
    Who still rides regularly through the winter now; why? Is it just for fun or do you have to?
    [:(][:(][:(][B)][B)][B)]

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

I ride all through the winter. I dont drive so its a necessity. I do however pleasure ride on a Sunday if the weather isnt too bad.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

Gordy
    Participant

Riding in all weathers? Yup, been there, done that and hated every moment of it. All on a CB100N and CB250N when a car was just a distant dream. And my water-proofs were demonstrably non-waterproof. Oh those damn freezing foggy, icy mornings; fenland village to Peterborough was 15 miles of sheer hand-numbing, body-numbing, face-numbing hell. Can’t think of anything good to say about it.

Radar

Welcome aboard Gordy! Get the RF and Blade fired up man!

GSF K1
    Participant

Ohh that brings back a few memories of my old apprenticeship days and my CB250RS.. either save up for a car, or spend the money on beer!?!?!?!?!?!?!

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Gordy
    Participant

Yeah, my coldest moments were Apprenticeship derived too. (God bless Perkins Engines, and all who sailed in her.)

Lots of us used to do it in all weathers at that time (about ’79 to ’81, until we earned enough to buy ‘sensible’ cars to supplement the bikes). These days, well, I’m not so sure. There are those that can not afford the luxuries of a car, and there are those that still choose to do it in all weathers for their own personal reasons. For those, I feel, it’s a lifestyle choice – in other words it’s a philosophical idealism rather than a pragmatic reality choice. Nothing wrong with that as this life really is ‘each to their own’; it’s not my choice though… : )

GSF K1
    Participant

Well, its been very pleasent this week.. and I often run past the Perkins site round the Parkway. My Apprenticeship days were more Aerospace.

Digger
    Participant

went to southport today,a few bikes out braving the subzero temps,by the time i got there i couldnt feel my fingers,toes.i had to go the gents but had great difficulty in finding somthing to pee with.why do we do it.

Take it easy out there

speedy claire
    Participant

Southport only about 15 mins from me on the bike……. did you go to the carousel??

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

went to southport today,a few bikes out braving the subzero temps,by the time i got there i couldnt feel my fingers,toes.i had to go the gents but had great difficulty in finding somthing to pee with.why do we do it.

Take it easy out there

Shoulda worn ya thermals!! LOL![;)]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Cor I got a lovely blat in yesterday,Bout 100 miles round trip. Tryed out our derestriction proper yesterday, got 130mph with still more to spare……And I werent cold at all! it was Loverly! Went on some real winding Rds, came back a different way and just opened her up![:D][:p][}:)][^]

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

GSF K1
    Participant

Went for a short run on Sunday (after I creosoted the fence).. found some lovely roads out in the fens.. then some not so nice roads, nearly got thrown out of the saddle it was so bumpy.. bloody tractors!

Radar

185 miles yesterday in the company of Thumper (ZR550), Gixerchic (GSX-R600 Winter hack) and Toggs (ZX6R with shiny indicator screw [rh]). Great fun, headed for Ashbourne and Matlock Bath. Ferkin’ cold on the last bit home though.
    Just been out on RS while wifey watches Corrie and Eastenders. Slower, but still fun.

Gix
    Participant

Hugging the boiler when you got back were ya mate??? LOL!

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

So where to this Sunday? Supposedly going to get warmer towards the end of the week…….heres hoping eh? LOL! Dont think it will be warm enough for the ice cream barge at Stratford to be doing much business though.
    So come on folks……where to this Sunday?????

suck_animated.gif

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.