Winter biking

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Winter biking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Radar

All this snow has set me thinking about when I used to ride through winters. It was no fun and I don’t miss it at all. When I see bikes out in the worst winter days I just feel sorry for the rider, envy that I am stuck in a car just does not register to be honest.

Who out there still rides in winter? How do you with it, and what drives you to do it?

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hi Radar, fairly lucky here really in winter, cause there are days where you get temperatures of about 10 sometimes, I think the longest spell without riding bike is 6 weeks, which is far too long, to go without a ride, We just make sure we are well insulated, Might look a bit like the michelin man, but I dont give a s**t. Both me and Dave get well grumpy if we havent been out for a ride.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Radar

I seem to of posted this twice!! Oh dear.
    I keep my bikes fully legal, but the T Cat hasn’t been out since November. I have used both the YPVS and RS though. Out on the RS with a couple of mates for miles or so last Saturday.

Donate – Or Imperial Data will have you sorted!

Gix
    Participant

I ride all through the winter. I dont drive so its a necessity. I do however pleasure ride on a Sunday if the weather isnt too bad.

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

speedy claire
    Participant

Fraid i`m a wimp and the car comes out when its too cold!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

toggsy
    Participant

I go out in the cold when the roads are slippy, Especially around small islands by Farrari garages and I just fall of, doesn’t matter haw slow I’m going…….. Bugger!

I find sliding down the raod soon warms you up!!!!!! and if that doesn’t then sweating your B*ll*cks of pushing the bike when it runs out of petrol does………[:I]

GSF K1
    Participant

I have to admit that if the snow’s falling or theres a threat of ice, the Astra comes in handy!! Otherwise, the Bandit gets to stretch its legs. Had a lovely run yesterday up tha A1 and back down the A15.

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.