What made you smile today?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe What made you smile today?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 859 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Not only did I do that ID, I stripped the carbs and pipes and had a bit of help when it came to exhaust downpipes, but I also had the opportunity to take a nice little pic of the damage to my engine….

enginework_008.jpg

judging by the state at the bottom of the shaft where no 4 carb sits, the internal damage is extensive. Lots of metal chunks!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Ouch! That’s one hell of a hole, it must have gone bang quite loudly.

Gix
    Participant

Um at that speed the bang didnt sound very loud! Didnt hear a big bang but then everything happened very quickly.[:0]

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, what a ride!

suck_animated.gif

prezzo
    Participant

Get it stripped and on the diningroom table like a true dedicated biker.

Paul

Dont forget to Donate !!!

GSF K1
    Participant

OUCH!!!!!! As I havent logged on all week, please explaine how you ended up with a hole in your casing?????

To “ERR” is natural.. to really fowl things up needs a politician!!

Gix
    Participant

We have f**king big rats in this part of the country!!!![:0]

suck_animated.gif

speedy claire
    Participant

I told you to pay attention to my Hamster Liberation Front theory!!! let that be a warning to you lol….. those hamster dropping bombs are lethal!!!

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

prezzo
    Participant

It wasnt the hamster liberation front, it was the liberation front of hamsters. The hamster liberation front are spineless.

Paul

Dont forget to Donate !!!

Scouser
    Participant

Come on then Gixer, do tell? What happened?

Be seen and be Safe!

Gix
    Participant

Okay then. Was on my way to Willingham Woods near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. Toggsy as company behind on his ZX6R. Got onto A46 Newark bypass, a nice newish dual carriageway. Bike been running well, no problems, no overheating, no oil lights, had not long refuelled. Any way, gets onto the bypass and opens up, went past *cough* 120mph *cough splutter hope no coppers on here cough splutter* and still accelerating fast, throttle fully open. Didnt lose power as such but an instant before things got hairy, acceleration ceased, I never heard a loud bang but there was a noise and I immediately pulled in clutch, always do if I think I have a problem simply cos I go back down gears. Well, the smoke was blinding, couldnt see much, and never did get to change down gears. Free wheeled with clutch still in to side of road. Lots of smoke and burning smell. Side stand down, ingition off, jumped off and stood away till settled down. Boots sodden in oil, tyre sodden in oil, fairing sodden in oil. Toggsy kept saying it wont be anything serious but hey, not being the luckiest person in the world, had already prepared myself for something bad.
    We had just past a cafe so wheeled the bikes back and took fairing off. Hmmmm nice hole. Just to clarify my luck, the cafe had closed 5 minutes before we arrived so not even a cuppa available! The nice lady did give us a couple of bottles of spring water free of charge though.
    Am ashamed to admit that I got a little upset at the sight of the mess of my engine. Not even I had been prepared for that![V]
    I suppose one lucky aspect of these events was that I pulled the clutch in straight away or could well have ended up being scraped of the tarmac, shovelled into an envelope and being posted back home. Also lucky that toggsy was some distance behind, rather than close, he could have ended up sliding on oil that must have been dumped on road.
    I have some really good friends for which I am thankful, very thankful cos their support has kept me going, you know who you are, thanks.

suck_animated.gif

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nothing serious Toggsy??!! Glad to hear you’re getting your hands dirty helping with the rebuild after a diagnosis like that[:D]

Best of luck with the engine transplant Gix, kudos for taking it on. Just be careful with Toggsy’s Poundland socket sets…..

GSX Rat
    Participant

Tough break with the engine, but i hope thats at least a 750 motor your putting back in…..

BTW – whats happening with the other one?

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

GSX Hooligan…..if you only knew the kinda luck I have been thru lately, you would understand why it is a 600 engine going in….[V]

suck_animated.gif

Gix
    Participant

Re the engine, will strip it down and see what I can salvage to sell, have to pay back money I borrowed for new engine. Once stripped will post a list but the starter motor is ok.

suck_animated.gif

GSX Rat
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by gixerchic

GSX Hooligan…..if you only knew the kinda luck I have been thru lately, you would understand why it is a 600 engine going in….[V]

suck_animated.gif

In which case maybe the GSX250 motor would be a better bet…………

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 859 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.