What made you mad today?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe What made you mad today?

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Speed Monster
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by LeviathanRan

Those

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

I knew it!!

hehe aaah Gix, never mind mate!
    :P

Levi? What did you know??? Do you actually know what the FNP is for?

[:(] I was only messing Gix…
    When Carmy said they had got you I thought it was for speeding.
    If you look at the times posted you and I was replying at the same time, literally within seconds of each other.
    Sorry.

I am gonna piss myself laughing the day you get your first FP Levi. It’s gonna be entertaining to see how you feel about being messed around by some incompetant F**kwit who calls himself a copper! It’s a tad more than annoying when get a FP slapped in your face. I’ve expreienced it on more than a few occasions. (5 x SP30 & 1x SP10) Please do me a favour and engage the grey matter before spouting off in future! Thanks.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Fast Enough
    I am gonna piss myself laughing the day you get your first FP Levi. It’s gonna be entertaining to see how you feel about being messed around by some incompetent F**kwit who calls himself a copper! It’s a tad more than annoying when get a FP slapped in your face. I’ve experienced it on more than a few occasions. (5 x SP30 & 1x SP10) Please do me a favour and engage the grey matter before spouting off in future! Thanks.

Yes you’re right F E, what I said was a bit thoughtless.
    I’m going to apologise again to Gix and to you as well for my ignorance.

Gix, I’m sorry that what I said annoyed you, that weren’t my intention at all.
    I was just trying to make light of a rather negative situation to try and cheer you up, because that’s the kind of person that I am.
    I hope you can at least forgive me for pissing you off. :(

I don’t know what an FNP is for, so if someone could please explain it to me that would be great and I would appreciate it.
    I did google it but found nothing to be of help.

Fast Enough, I’m sorry that you got miffed with what I said as well.
    I can understand that you have had several of these FNP’s and obviously know how annoying they are, seeing my comment obviously made you upset also.
    So I apologise to you as well.
    I hope you accept.
    [:(]

Gix
    Participant

Levi dont worry about it.

An FNP is a Fixed Penalty Notice. I got one for my plate today, its not the legal size though the lettering is almost right size (measured when I got home) and its right format (not letterbox or italics) with no background pics. What annoyed me most was the coppers attitude, he tried to screw me for the can as well, but its a road legal aftermarket can, and he was so incompetent he didnt even know what the offence code was so left it blank. The plate cant be that much of an issue as its been on since I bought the bike and have been followed by coppers round here but never pulled, plus, he didnt give me a rectifier, which is a notice to say you have to get fault rectified within 14 days, stamped by MOT garage and produced at police station along with license, insurance and log book. I didnt have my license with me but that didnt faze him either, and by rights if I couldnt produce documentation at side of road, I should have been given a producer (have to take documents to cop shop), but no, I was an easy pull, never mind the bloke that went hairing off at about 70 in a 40 as I came off roundabout, pull me instead for a petty offence.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

He sounds like a particularly picky person from what you’ve said…

Personally (and Im sure im not alone on this one) I think there are bigger problems than a license plate being a few inches ‘too small’

As long as you can read the letters and numbers there shouldn’t be an issue.
    As for the can-law that’s taking the bloody proverbial as well.

so what do you have to do now Gix? Get the plate standardised or are you ok to leave as is?

Gix
    Participant

As he didnt give me a rectifier or producer, the choice is mine, I can risk it, or I can get a new one, I have 28 days to pay the fine, they can wait the full 28 days[:(!]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix
    they can wait the full 28 days[:(!]

[:D] Make ’em wait for it mate!

I’m not being funny and please dont take this the wrong way,
    I’m on your side, but at the moment it’s illegal to have a plate like you have so I personally would just get the new plate fitted.
    Otherwise you might have to pay a few more £30 fines because of some hawk-eyed nazi with a note book having nothing better to do than pick on bikers. [V][:(!]

Gix
    Participant

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

I’m on your side, but at the moment it’s illegal to have a plate like you have so I personally would just get the new plate fitted.
    Otherwise you might have to pay a few more £30 fines because of some hawk-eyed nazi with a note book having nothing better to do than pick on bikers. [V][:(!]

I am going to Levi, the point is, I dont have to, my choice, so much for road law enforcement eh? My point is that its a quick buck for them, if it mattered all that much and my plate was really taking the piss, I would have been given a rectification notice. My new plate will have the correct size lettering, with correct size spacing in between lettering and in the correct format, the plate itself will not be much bigger than it is at present[;)] Figure that one out.[:D][;)]

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Gix

I am going to Levi, the point is, I dont have to, my choice, so much for road law enforcement eh? My point is that its a quick buck for them, if it mattered all that much and my plate was really taking the piss, I would have been given a rectification notice. My new plate will have the correct size lettering, with correct size spacing in between lettering and in the correct format, the plate itself will not be much bigger than it is at present[;)] Figure that one out.[:D][;)]

Aye well you’re right Gix, if he was serious he would have given you the rec-notice.

There’s a whole bunch of really anal laws like this, the main two are the zorst and plate ones that annoy me.[:(!]

Speed Monster
    Participant

Appology accepted. To be treated as Gix was today is no joking matter. it is not something to made light of. I have been treated in the exact same way and one example sticks in my mind because:
    A) The copper was genuinly inept
    B) He showed nothing but a lack of consideration for me, my family or our friends who were travelling in the car in front of us.
    C) He couldn’t lower himself of his high and mighty horse for 30 seconds and appologise for what he’d done. I personnaly wanted his warrant card for what he did!

It happened on bonfire night last year, we were on our way back from a cracking day out in Santa pod, drag racing, monster trucks, a bonfire and firework etc etc. Roads were a bit damp but nothing to be worried about because we both had cars with 4WD, ABS, traction control and GOOD tyres. (Me with a mondeo Si 4×4 friends with a scooby) Coming through Buckingham, we were playing on the roundabouts, nothing stupid, dangerous or illegal. NO speed limits were broken. we clear Buckingham and he’s RIGHT on my ASS, no more than a cars length behind, dangerous and illegal, in the rain in a vauxhall astra 1.7 diesel on 175 firestone tyres (tyres so bad they have been banned in the states after it was proved the were soley responsable for killing 80 people in less than 5 years. Anyway, i’m on the last roundabout BEFORE a section of DUAL CARRIGEWAY and the brain death OVER TAKES me on the roundabout and promtly looses it. If my awareness had been of a “normal” standard (i drive EVERYTHING from bikes to 44 tonne articulated trucks so my road awareness is somewhat developed), me, my wife and daughter would have been hit by the f**king moron. We get onto the dual section and off he goes as fast as the piece of crap will go. He’s radio’d ahead and called in a van. We get back onto a dark (it was about 10 pm)section of twisties, the scooby in front, followed closely by the moron with me behind. The van comes along on our side of the road with all lights on, blinds Karen who was drving the scooby, scares the life out of her kids and stops her. They do a PNC check that comes back wrong even though the cars reg’d to her & the plates were all correct. While they’re going through the motions of making themselves look good i get out after putting my hazards on because the muppet who almost killed us didn’t put his rear flashers on and approach one of his buddies and ask who was driving the astra. He says he’ll send the driver over. So the van goes, Karen and her family go and thie moron comes over with his chest puffed out and his shoulders back. “here we go” i thought. I asked why he’d been right up my arse in Buckingham, his reply: “because you were playing” ok can’t deny we were playing but that still does not excuse tail gating. I then ask why he’d overtaken us and almost caused an accident on the roundabout…his reply: “oh i lost it”. I just said ok thanks and drove off. I was F**KING livid! I should have pushed for his warrant card! I left it be because Karen and her other half put in a complaint and thought that they would do what i would have done. never mind eh? Anyway, you wonder why i got so pissed off earlier…there’s your answer. Good, decent coppers are becoming less and less these days. you need one good trait to be a good, honest copper, it’s called INTEGRITY!!!!!

Gix
    Participant

Yeah the rider I was with would do well to put a complaint against the copper today as he cut him up badly on the roundabout and could well have turned out nasty.

LeviathanRan
    Participant

Bleedin hell fire m8, that’s a bit of a story!
    I can’t believe a copper did that… well, almost can’t…

Speed Monster
    Participant

Oh and by the way, I forgot to metion that he was no spring chicken fresh from the police academy, infact he looked like one of those jobsworths that had been passed over for promotion for the past 20 years!!

LeviathanRan
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Fast Enough

Oh and by the way, I forgot to metion that he was no spring chicken fresh from the police academy, infact he looked like one of those jobsworths that had been passed over for promotion for the past 20 years!!

[:D][:D] lol poor bloke!

Police… hah what a joke, at least traffic police are anyway.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

So what happens when foreign bikes are over hear, they got really small No plates, do they get away with it? Like you said number plates is really petty, why dont they nick these people for bad driving etc? The very sort who cause accidents! That is much better time spent!

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.