What is it?

Home Forums Supermoto and off-road What is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    ode
    Participant

Mostly you’ll need your own but there are 2 places that I can think of that will hire you a bike.

Trax in Preston do a training day, where you turn up, they’ll let you use their bikes, leathers, boots, gloves & helmet, and they’ll teach you how to ride one properly. Eddie (the owner) is really fast too, so he knows what he’s on about.

Clews Leisure do a supermoto day using their WR250 0r 450’s, I think the tracks they use are Three Sisters (Wigan) or Rowrah (Cumbria). Again they can lend you all the kit.

If you want to have a go I’d recommend Trax, it’s always going to be pricey where you have to hire a bike & gear, but the track there is awesome and scary in equal measure (if you’re a dirt novice like me the berms & table top will scare you silly).

NORA #332
    Berg FC550

Radar

Redgear,

I think CCM do adventure weekends and day long courses on their bikes.
    Check out the web site I havn’t had a chance to.
    Let us know if they still do it.

http://www.ccm-motorcycles.com
    phone 01254296300
    [:D]

cookeye
    Participant

REDGEAR
    I think you got the first two page post well done
    This is address for clews leisure i saw your post dinner time and found this for you pleased to say i was not alone

http://www.clewsleisure.com
    cookeye
    [;)]

ode
    Participant

Ooops, forgot about the CCM track day. I did one of then 2 yaers ago, at Rowrah. What a fantastic day! Myself and 2 mates went up there, and they run it like an endurance race – the morning is practice, the afternoon was a 2.5 hour race, the team doing the most laps wins! The 3 of us had never ridden a supermoto before, never been on a track before, one guy had just passed his test and never ridden anything more powerful than a H100s…….. and because we had to be in teams of 4, we got teamed up with a proper billy-no-mates, but he said he’d done it before.
    By the end of the day we were all lapping pretty quickly, and not getting overtaken every other lap by the leaders. Then they announced we had come third – I nearly had a heart attack! The painful bit comes at the end of the day, we were charged an extra £20 for each crash, luckily I’d only had one off, but one guy in our team (Rick) dumped it 4 times[V] Ah well.

A great day out, I’d like to do it again. And no, the CCM’s are as good as anything else before you start…..[;)]

Just had a look at the Clews website as well, didn’t know they were using Lydd racetrack, been trying to find a trackday there for ages, looks like a good motard track – I’ll have to have a go round there before the years out.

NORA #332
    Berg FC550

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for all the info guys. The Clewes website got me thinking a lot. It reads:

“We will provide you with everything you need, including your choice of either a latest model WR250F or a WR450F Yamaha Supermoto bike – prepared and maintained by our own professional race team experienced mechanics.”

Time to dig deep I think and try one of these days out. Or maybe buy a bike. Off to get the bike trader first thing in the morning!

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘What is it?’ is closed to new replies.