Walker Top PSG-1 Kawasaki Rider

Home Forums Bike racing Walker Top PSG-1 Kawasaki Rider

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Gix
    Participant

Walker Top PSG-1 Kawasaki Rider With Nieto Close Behind

Top ten provisional qualifying performances from Chris Walker (PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse) and Fonsi Nieto (PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse) were not easily won in the heat at Phillip Island, as temperatures rose to the mid thirties and no fewer than 28 riders attempted to get themselves into the upper echelons of the first day rankings. Walker, experiencing chatter which held back his times in the hot afternoon session, was eighth fastest, while Nieto, down on pace and finding the track still dirty from lack of use, went ninth.

Regis Laconi (PSG-1 Kawasaki Corse) had a difficult day and went 20th fastest, struggling with set-up and speed throughout.

CHRIS WALKER: 8th – 1’34.589: “I can do a really good lap time for one or two laps but after that it goes down very fast. The performance of the bike is good but we can’t get rid of the chatter – and we don’t know why. It’s like we are losing two seconds within four laps. We’ll try again tomorrow.”

FONSI NIETO: 9th – 1’34.601: “I think we can go faster than this because in winter testing we went one second better. The circuit itself is a little dirty and the heat is also making the tyres slide quite a lot on the longer corners. We have to change some things but tomorrow I’m sure we can do better.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.