Unusual Road Hazards

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Unusual Road Hazards

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    katana
    Participant

Following on from zx10’s slippy partridge incident and my collision with a cow. What unusual road hazards have you experienced?

Donut – I mean DONATE!

logospin.gif

newk
    Participant

we hit a deer in my m8’s car lol wrote the car off feckin deer ran off.

newk
    Participant

oh just rembered my m8 hit a dog on his bike,the dog was impaled on his back brake lever, stuck between the dogs ribs.after a few mins the dog died but he couldnt pull the dog off.he had to cut it off with his knife.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

A drunken pensioner stepped out in front of my bike many years ago. I swerved one way, he stepped back, I hit him and he went over my handlebars. He suffered no more than bad bruising but I insisted they breathalysed him at the scene. Not as rare as the cow/partridge/dog/deer incidents above but quite scary all the same (for me anyway).

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

newk
    Participant

kin ell you’ve set me off now years ago my m8 went over a hump back bridge too fast took off and went through the back window of a mercedes. the same bloke pulled a wheely out side the pub with his mrs on the back dumping her in the middle of the road and carried on home he wouldnt come back in case she hit him lol

barmy_carmy
    Participant

A few years back, I had a pigeon hit me full in the face when on the bike….Dave ducked and it hit me, was on the back, at the time I had a pi*s pot helmet with clear visor…. it broke the visor! Was going too fast to see how the pigeon faired.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Radar

My sister rode her Honda C90 into a medieval castle in Northumberland. Full storey in Members Bikes “A Hell of a way to Scramble Eggs”.

I had a women walk into my path whilst riding my RD250LC in Brum many years ago, and a mate had a female Salvation Army collector knock him off his Z250 on Erdington High Street (Birmingham, UK) and they wound up entangled on top of each other!

Is Imperial Data a Monk??

sid
    Participant

i had a close encounter with a horse tearing down a country lane (noy quiet police academy close but coulda been nasty lol) the bloody riders were 3 abrest and still tried to blame me

life sucks get used to it

Scouser
    Participant

Slipped on wet leaves in autumn one year, kept my GSX1100F up though, all 255kgms.
    Woman drove into me on my Honda 250N superdream.
    Woman drove in to me on my 1100
    Ran over a dog that was chasing me on the 250N
    Old man drove into the back of me whilst on my first bike Honda C70
    Killed a bee with my left nipple whilst riding back from Rhyl to Liverpool in just T-shirt and cut down jeans, silly boy! It was like being shot with a paint ball round.
    Killed a pigeon in my Cortina
    Killed a pheasant with my DAF variomatic
    2 lads on a pushbike collided with the side of my Cortina and somersaulted over the bonnet, all the passers by thought I’d hit them!?
    Hit a woman crossing the road on the 250N, she was at a pelican crossing along with 30 other people at lunchtime in Liverpool city centre and she stepped out in front of me, she just got spun around and was OK, “you spin me right round baby like a record machine, right round….”
    Oh, and I reckon I’ve killed 1,235,462 flies since I’ve been riding bikes, and 1 moth.

Be seen and be Safe!

Born2BMild
    Participant

A woman with mental problems attacked my car once. I was driving home, saw this woman running into the road being pursued by 2 guys in white coats. I sounded my horn to warn her and she jumped across the bonnet of my car lie she was possessed, smashing the side mirror and breaking the aerial. Didn’t have the heart to claim damages from anyone.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

psml scouser Lol! hey Born2b, we had a nut trying to attack our car couple of years back, and he was walking freely in the middle of the road waving his fist at the cars and kicking them! he had a thing against cars Lol!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Born2BMild
    Participant

One time while travelling across Brum, made a wrong turning,ended up in a housing estate and was stopped by a large coloured guy in an oversized trenchcoat who wanted to flog me a Max Bygraves LP without its jacket and scratched to b*ggery. I must be a bit magnet!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

@Born2B – Thought there was going to be a punchline on that one!

@Scouser – A DAF Variomatic? You’ve got to be kidding me!!

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by Scouser

Slipped on wet leaves in autumn one year, kept my GSX1100F up though, all 255kgms.
    Woman drove into me on my Honda 250N superdream.
    Woman drove in to me on my 1100
    Ran over a dog that was chasing me on the 250N
    Old man drove into the back of me whilst on my first bike Honda C70
    Killed a bee with my left nipple whilst riding back from Rhyl to Liverpool in just T-shirt and cut down jeans, silly boy! It was like being shot with a paint ball round.
    Killed a pigeon in my Cortina
    Killed a pheasant with my DAF variomatic
    2 lads on a pushbike collided with the side of my Cortina and somersaulted over the bonnet, all the passers by thought I’d hit them!?
    Hit a woman crossing the road on the 250N, she was at a pelican crossing along with 30 other people at lunchtime in Liverpool city centre and she stepped out in front of me, she just got spun around and was OK, “you spin me right round baby like a record machine, right round….”
    Oh, and I reckon I’ve killed 1,235,462 flies since I’ve been riding bikes, and 1 moth.

Be seen and be Safe!

What was the moth called?

Is Imperial Data a Monk??

Digger
    Participant

Yes the viromatic did exist,I actually swapped it with Scouser for a amstrad midi-system,wow what an experience,never felt so f$&king stupid in all my life….I`d only left a Max Bygraves tape in the midi system.

Take it easy out there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.