Unusual Priorities.

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Unusual Priorities.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Born2BMild
    Participant

Saw an a program on the box the other night were our wonderful boys in blue where stopping bikes on moorland pass oop north somewhere. For things such as the wrong tyres, wrong exhausts, small number plates etc. All this on a perfect summers day in excellent visiblity. Whilst riding home evenings, I wonder where the police are when I see many cars with headlights out, brakelights out and indicators out. Far more dangerous… in fact I was nearly totalled when I thought an oncoming car with one headlight working, was a another bike a few nights ago.

PS. Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and New Year.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hiya born2b! Brill Thanx and you?

I know exactly what ya mean there Lol! Same down this way, bikers always seem to be targeted, there are loads of dangerous drivers out there that just dont get caught!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Gix
    Participant

Good to see you back B2BM, hope all your christmas wishes came true?[:D]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Digger
    Participant

Good to hear from you again B2BM,hope you had a good one……I know what you mean,bastard police the more I hear and see what goes on with persecuting us bikers,the more I resent the law…..We are easy pickings.

Take it easy out there

GSX Rat
    Participant

Nobody forces anyone to fit illegal tyres, exhausts, plates etc, no one forces you to speed, no one forces you to commit any illegal act.
    If you get caught doing something against the law, whether that law is just, fair or you agree with it or not, you get caught – accept it.

Oh, and if you hang round any of the car meets, you get them stopping all the barry boys just up the road as well, i suppose they all say “why me”

And yes i do break the law, frequently, and if i get caught i will accept it – i’ve got 9 points to prove that, and the old “target someone else” theory is applied everywhere, bikers “target the car drivers”, car drivers “target the bikers” – when they all get gatsoed, dont forget they dont work on a bike, residents “target the kids playing on a bike on the back field”

And no, i dont like the police but that’s another story that i wont be sharing on here….

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by GSX Ratbiker

If you get caught doing something against the law, whether that law is just, fair or you agree with it or not, you get caught – accept it.

I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.
    Aleister Crowley (1875 – 1947)

Blackboard paint – Covers a multitude of sins!

The trouble with just accepting it is the law enforcement isnt always accurate…
    https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/motorcyclist-receives-false-speed-camera-ticket/

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

sid
    Participant

i speed whether i’m in my van on my bike or in the truck but i do notice the police show more interest when i’m on 2 wheels
    most coppers wouldnt notice the subtle mods i did to the bike up til now but the van stands out like a sore thumb with the wide alloy wheels and blacked out window
    and the truck always looked overloaded no matter how much material i was carrying because of the low sides

stress2.jpg

life sucks get used to it

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Digger

Good to hear from you again B2BM,hope you had a good one……I know what you mean,bastard police the more I hear and see what goes on with persecuting us bikers,the more I resent the law…..We are easy pickings.

Take it easy out there

agree with you in some cases digger but remember its the crown who do the sentencing, another prime example of one rule for us and another for drivers……
    https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4598412.stm

and then of course there is the case of the 159mph copper….along with the other 45 741 coppers snapped by camera (and not all were blues and twos).

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Born2BMild
    Participant

Thanks Guys, its good to be back. Xmas was a bit hectic… Had to pack the mrs and kids off to her mothers and I worked through it. Only just finished yesterday.

newk
    Participant

got to agree with ratbiker but go back 15/20 years and it was really bad how many pubs do you now with no bikers signs up?

ZZR
    Participant

The Police in North Yorkshire have an agenda for this summer, which is to target bikers and this is openly admitted. Disgraceful really, all those resources concentrating on such a small percentage of petty law breakers. I agree with the comments if you are caught breaking the law you pay the price, but surely the police can find better things to target, agreeably if they stumble across us speeding or with loud pipes then prosecute us but to openly admit they are tying up so many police officers in this agenda of theirs is ridiculous. Maybe we should use stock pipes and stick to the speed limits while we are laundering our drug money etc etc.

PS just MHO

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Hiya ZZR……Welcome to the Madhouse Lol! Someone said that bikers were child killers as well! Which is the biggest crock of shite that I’ve heard in long time………I think they seem to think were still back in the 60’s/70’s in the days of Mods and Rockers! Doh!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

GSF K1
    Participant

Personally they should be targeting all those pr*ks who drive whilst on the phone.. targeting with a 12-bore that is!

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Digger
    Participant

[:0][:0][:0]GSF,you are naughty but I like you[:D]

Take it easy out there

GSF K1
    Participant

As the venerable Dick Emery used to say “Ohh you are awful, but I do like you!!”

Anyone else remember the old classics?

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.