Ummm, I seem to have spent some more money….

Home Forums Members’ bikes Ummm, I seem to have spent some more money….

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

What an engine, even with taking it gently and not labouring it the bike just pulls so cleanly and well, I keep forgetting to change down as it pulls so well!

It will pull smoothly and progressively from under 4000rpm in 6th which is around 40mph… when you factor in that it revs to 16000rpm it is pretty impressive. I am only using around 60% of the revs while I run it in to the first service at 600miles so have around 8500rpm to play up to which gives a speed of around 85mph in top….. am guessing with not much in the way of brain usage that will give the bike a 160+ top speed :P

ses310

Sounds pretty damn goot Pete! Can’t wait to hear what its like once its run in :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

I really need to lose some weight, my belly is restricting my movement a bit at the moment as it has taken the slack in my leathers/textiles. Rode to my training course today in jeans and a jacket and felt so much more at home on it, may have to wear my old leathers for a bit while I get used to the bike as they are fat boy size thanks to their age lol, am sure once I have done a few miles in my Halversson suit it’ll stretch where it needs to tho so may just stick it out and get it bedded in at the same time as running the bike in :-)

Radar

You FB!!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Its true  :-[

Radar

I wouldn’t worry Pete…I am an XFB!

How is the 636 going and is the V7 getting jealous…

How about updates on the RXS and XS too!

HippoDrones
    Participant

Kevin has just gone in for his first service, 600 miles on the dot as I pulled into my local dealership! :D

Am getting them to give it some ACF50 treatment as well  so it should stay looking nice even with the skanky weather we are having. Have been running it in just using upto 60% revs mainly and then raising them up a little higher for short stints as well. For the last 5 miles before hitting the 600 I let it all the way to the redline in the few gears that I had room for and dared to go for it, bloody thing is a missile! :D

When I get it back I’ll be using all the revs available for a hundred miles ish but with light throttle and that should see it up to the trackday at Brands :-)

I am far more comfy on this bike than I was the Ducati Streetfighter and even managed to scrape a knee on one of my favourite corners earlier on today’s ride! :D

First service on the Ducati was bloody cheaper I have to say…. quoted nearly £200 (then £50 for the ACF50 treatment) compared to £145 iirc for the Ducati’s first service!

Radar

Lets hope the next few miles get covered in better weather conditions!

Will have to sort out a date you can get up to middle earth for another visit and a forum ride-out

Certainly sounds like the 636 is delivering what you wanted, be interesting to see how you get on at the trackday

HippoDrones
    Participant

With my change of job I am really feeling the pinch and struggling to get used to a lot less disposable income. I love both bikes for very different reasons but have to face facts and get real. I think Kevin will be going at the end of summer, am just not riding it enough to justify such a flipping fantastic but expensive toy…. if it was just the cost of buying the bike I’d find a way to struggle through but the insurance, tyres, servicing etc all add up too and I am in a situation where if anything went wrong with my house for example I have no idea where or how I would be able to pay to fix it.

I think I have to do one last trackday on Kevin; Brands Indy, just to see what she laps like on the short circuit…. my best lap on the Husky was around 1min 2sec and I’d love to break the 1min barrier on the Kwak.

Will very sadly be selling it unless a lottery win finds me, hate growing up, love this bike!

I totally love Lord Vader too and can see me keeping the V7 for many years hopefully. Will be so hard to walk away from sportsbikes but the only time I feel in my element on the ZX6R is on track and I feel my days of silly fast road riding are coming to an end. The V7 may end up being modded in the future to allow me to safely do the odd trackday on it, needs better tyre, brakes and suspension before I’d feel happy to do that regularly tho.

I feel it is an end of an era I don’t wan’t to let go of, maybe one day I’ll return to the fast bikes, maybe even get a second hand version of this one if they ever drop in price enough.

Both bikes are fantastic on the road, but it is the Guzzi I turn to 99% of the time.

090513_3179_brands_hatch_zpse7e9f42a.jpg

ses310

That’s a real shame to hear Pete, I totally understand your situation. I have 3 at the moment and as you say the sportsbike, in my case the Blade hardly gets a look in. Sad really but maybe buy a cheap sportsbike?

HippoDrones
    Participant

maybe, in the future. I have other bike ambitions tho too so see what happens :-)

ses310

Sounds interesting :)

HippoDrones
    Participant

Want a purpose built motogymkhana bike… 2t big cc single, but it’ll not be cheap so will be a slow project and not for a year or so.

ses310

That sounds like it will be fun!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Damn shame Pete, hope to see the ZX6 before you sell it, it looks a cracking bike.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.