UK WIGWAM ACCOMODATION

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe UK WIGWAM ACCOMODATION

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    GSXR1000
    Participant

A fairly recent idea for accomodation is taking off in the UK, wooden wigwam accomodation, now available in most parts of the country at cheap prices.
    It is more akin to a tent than a hotel, but you do get a well-made wooden home, heat and light, room for 4 to 5 adults, (i’d say 4 unless you like being very cosy) and a small fridge is provided.
    Picture to appear soon, hopefully.

GSXR1000
    Participant

I have stayed at 2 locations, near Lindisfarne and on the Isle of Skye, but they are dotted about everywhere almost and more are being added all the time.

safgan
    Participant

any url for these, sounds like a wicked way to camp lol

Lifes a Beach………now and again the tides comes in just too far………….

imperialdata
    Keymaster

home_wigwam.jpg

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

imperialdata
    Keymaster

https://www.wigwamholidays.com/Strathfillan.htm

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

Gix
    Participant

bugger was just about to post that!

I1.jpg

I3.jpg

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

Radar

They look kinda interesting.

Look in the Forest if you want to find trees

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar

They look kinda interesting.

Yeah I reckon you would make a good little indian brave[:o)][:o)][:o)]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE ABILITY TO DESTROY YOU, THEN TRUSTING THEM NOT TO.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, VODKA in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming…….WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!

suck_animated.gif
    vipersig.jpg

GSXR1000
    Participant

They’re terrific.
    They all also provide somewhere to shower, etc.

The smallest site to my knowledge being at Glasnakille on the Isle of Skye, a 2-wigwam affair where you use the landlord’s own shower and toilet facilities.
    One of the bigger ones is ‘Pot-a-doodle-doo’, Northumberland, with shower block, toilets, kitchen, etc.

Talking about Skye, it is one of my favourite places and we have decided to buy a holiday home there. Looking hard as we speak.
    Utterly utterly gorgeous part of the UK in my opinion.

Radar

quote:

Originally posted by GSXR1000

They’re terrific.
    One of the bigger ones is ‘Pot-a-doodle-doo’, Northumberland, with shower block, toilets, kitchen, etc.

I know some parts of Northumberland very well, where exactly is Pot-a-doodle-doo?

GSXR1000
    Participant

We stayed there for a few days, this summer just gone. Have a look at the location map, Radar.

But as a guide it is just south of Berwick upon Tweed.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Sounds good Lol!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.