TT 2012: Trio break 100mph lap mark in TT Zero race

Home Forums Bike racing TT 2012: Trio break 100mph lap mark in TT Zero race

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Three of the four finishers in the TT Zero race broke the magical 100mph figure on Wednesday.

Michael Rutter won the one-lap event for electric bikes at an average speed of 104.056mph on his Team Segway Racing MotoCzysz.

The Midlands rider pockets £10,000 after becoming the first rider to record the landmark speed.

John McGuinness was second at 102.215 and American Mark Miller third with 101.065.

TT legend McGuinness was competing in the race for the first time on a Mugen Shinden and finished 23 seconds behind Rutter.

Rutter’s team-mate Miller was a further 15 seconds adrift in third.

Rob Barber, the winner of the inaugural TT Zero event, was the only other finisher.

Antonio Maeso, Russ Mountford, Ollie Linsdell, George Spence and Yoshinari Matsushita all retired.

Source
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/18341336

Champs
    Participant

That’s really impressive. I remember last year they were all gutted of missing the mark.

I can’t imagine it would be long now before the technology comes to trial on the road. Would make decent commuters to rival scooters and probably 125s, I bet if you tamed that top speed you could get a useful mileage

ses310

Those electric bikes are really progressing every year! Be interesting to see where they are in a few years time…

Although you still can’t beat the sounds and smells of a petrol engine

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.