Triumph Rocket-3 Any fans?

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Triumph Rocket-3 Any fans?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    GSXR1000
    Participant

Getting used to the big Trumpet 2.3 litre now.

Have also got an aftermarket exhaust system fitted, (exhaust ports backwards, complete) which has woken the engine up somewhat.

It will always be a heavy brute, but the power is now what it should have been from the factory (140+ at the rear wheel, with mucho torque from idle).

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Excellent mate, nice mod. I’m a fan!! A real bike and an engineering feat to be proud of from the British stables has got to be admired.

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

GSXR1000
    Participant

Cheers!

What you can now get for these (from USA) is a full exhaust system, which also gets rid of the restrictive cat. converter at the same time, a new free-flow air filter and a re-programme for the fuel injection.
    123 bhp has become 142 bhp, but the flat spot (there for noise testing) has gone so it feels like it has put on more power than it has. The torque also climbed by 18 lbs ft, again useful with a heavy vehicle.
    The bike has fantastic traction from the new sticky back tyre, it’s huge width helping it stay with my old GSXR1000 from 0-90, at which point the barn door aerodynamics kick in and the 1000 waltzes off into another county.
    But anything below 100 and in-gear performance is very quick, a BMW M3 being despatched with ease yesterday from a start and also from 30-ish.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Strange that USA has all the trick bits really. What’s the UK law on removing a catalyst which was fitted as standard to a bike?

There are only 10 types of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don’t

GSXR1000
    Participant

The Americans always seem to get the best tuning bits first.

The Triumph would almost certainly fail emissions testing now, the cat. has been removed illegally, I guess you would have to say.

But until they get rid of the lorries, buses, vans and coaches churning out smoke by the bucketful I am not going to worry overly.

barmy_carmy
    Participant

Earlier this year went for a blat with someone who has a Triumph Rocket3….there’s definately some awesome power there…..real grin power! We did lose him a few times, but he was still getting used to riding it, cause on a straight he did come flying past. But I think once he’s mastered this heavy hunk of a machine….it’ll be the other way round,hehehe!

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Radar

I like em despite myself!

I could murder a curry

GSXR1000
    Participant

Time was when 1340cc was enormous for a motorcycle.

Now the thick end of two and a half litres, with 750cc in each cylider seems normal!

Only the Boss Hoss is more and boy, is it more.

Scouser
    Participant

Love the Rocket III but I’ve started eying up the new 900 scrambler.

Be seen and be Safe!

GSF K1
    Participant

I’m certainly interested in the new Daytona 675.. I wanna know how much they’re gonna retail for.

Go out with a BANG… Light a fart!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.