Thundersprint 2014

Home Forums Meetings and events Thundersprint 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    daviedevs
    Participant

Another new venue!!!

Anyone going

Radar

Another new venue!!!

Anyone going

Frank Melling used to organise this excellent event, but I have never got around to going. Where has it moved to?

Welcome to the forum

daviedevs
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome.

Its now at Darley Moor race circuit near Ashbourne.

We are going Friday 9th to camp for 2 nights. On Saturday we are going for a ride out to Willingham Woods then back sat night to party and watch the main event on the sunday.

Radar

Thanks for the welcome.

We are going Friday 9th to camp for 2 nights. On Saturday we are going for a ride out to Willingham Woods then back sat night to party and watch the main event on the sunday.

I have not been to Darley for a few years, sounds like a great venue. Any chance of letting know how you get on and posting a few pictures

ses310

Sounds a good event, welcome along to the forum too :)

daviedevs
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome.

I have not been to Darley for a few years, sounds like a great venue. Any chance of letting know how you get on and posting a few pictures

TBH i much preferred the Northwich location…seemed to attract alot of none bikers  and it was free!!….Last year it was at Anglesey and was apparently the “wettest event ever”. I only live about 15 minutes from Darley but its a good way to start my biking holiday year I think.

Radar

Thanks for the welcome.

TBH i much preferred the Northwich location…seemed to attract alot of none bikers  and it was free!!….Last year it was at Anglesey and was apparently the “wettest event ever”. I only live about 15 minutes from Darley but its a good way to start my biking holiday year I think.

I always fancied going while it was there. How much is it at Darley to get in?

daviedevs
    Participant

http://Www.thundersprint.com

5 quid for the racing or 15 for the weekends camping.

Radar

http://Www.thundersprint.com

5 quid for the racing or 15 for the weekends camping.

Thats very reasonable in fairness

daviedevs
    Participant

They are expecting it to sell out quickly due to limited space. Hence I’ve booked already.

Radar

They are expecting it to sell out quickly due to limited space. Hence I’ve booked already.

Sounds like a good move, not surprised it is popular, the event used to attract huge crowds

daviedevs
    Participant

Its nearly here! and the weather report is good too!

Hate packing a damp tent!!!

daviedevs
    Participant

It rained. Alot!!!!

Few pics before camera expired!

DSCF4005_zpsabf36862.jpg

DSCF4003_zps42dcb459.jpg

DSCF4001_zpsd863328a.jpg

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Good weather report then!

Thanks for the pics, was it a decent turnout?

Radar

Shame the weather put a bit of downer on things, but good pictures…thanks for posting them

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.