this has just put a huge smile on my face!

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise this has just put a huge smile on my face!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

its not very interesting but its not me ranting for once.

ive just received a letter from West Yorkshire Police Recruitment and ive made it past the first section of 3 to get a job. :>

which is nothing short of a miracle as i cant write essays for sh!t and the application form was essentially a few questions and 3 huge essay questions.

ses310

Well done mate

BigBen
    Participant

cheers matey, hows the insurance problem going?

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by benji_zx10r

ive just received a letter from West Yorkshire Police Recruitment and ive made it past the first section of 3 to get a job. :>

which is nothing short of a miracle as i cant write essays for sh!t and the application form was essentially a few questions and 3 huge essay questions.

Good Luck with the next section[:)] As the saying goes ‘If the cap, fits wear it'[;)]

ses310

quote:

cheers matey, hows the insurance problem going?

Just waiting to hear back from them, not holding much hope but might as well wait and see…
    Will keep you posted on how I get on

BigBen
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by TT07

quote:

Good Luck with the next section[:)] As the saying goes ‘If the cap, fits wear it'[;)]

cheers :) its going to be hard though..ive been researching what is expected and theres hundreds of different things..i suppose it depends what force you apply for..some people have reported suprise presentationg you have to do, and role plays and that sort of thing :O

ses:
    theres not alot more you can do, its probably wise to not get your hopes up. could have been alot worse..check out the pictures of my kwak after i lobbed it down the M1 :)) its always good for a giggle

TT07
    Participant

quote:

cheers :) its going to be hard though..ive been researching what is expected and theres hundreds of different things..i suppose it depends what force you apply for..some people have reported suprise presentationg you have to do, and role plays and that sort of thing :O

Yes been there, done that. Way back in 1990 I attempted to get in West Mercia, I say attempted as I failed to get into the Regular Force having failed on one, and being weak on another of the (then) twenty criteria that were being assessed at the stage of final assessment. Guess what, it was the very one that YOU mentioned, which was “Speak for 2 minutes on the subject of……..well in my case it was Parliament, and after about 30 seconds I clammed up” That was the end of it. Pity really as the other 3 candidates had subjects that I COULD have talked about. I cannot really offer you any advice as it was 19 years since I went through the process and it will have changed considerably over that period of time.

BigBen
    Participant

ahh right i didnt realise, to be honest you’d probably sh!t all over the recruitment process if you tried again now..everythings gotten easier.
    and i would be totally knackered if they asked me to talk about parliament for even 30 seconds.
    i’ll just have to wear my suit..surely that will get me the job :)) haha
    which way did you take your career if you didnt get into the force? if u dont mind me asking that is.

Radar

You should of talked about your love of bikes TT!

I will be watching your progress with interest as my younger daughter wants to join the plod

Well done on your progress thus far and good luck for the rest of the process.

BigBen
    Participant

thanks :) ill keep you updated, lets face it, i have nothing else to do during the day at the mo :)) haha
    it might be worth mentioning to her to not let the application form put her off..its very long winded and asks for all manner of things. if i can do it anyone can, plus girls are statistically more brainy than blokes.

Radar

It will be 4/5 years before she is old enough, but she is doing well at school so that side of things should be ok.

BigBen
    Participant

ahh right fair enough.. thats going in the right direction, in 4-5 years if im successful i should be in armed response which is where im aiming for….hopfully…fingers and everything else crossed

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Nice to know we may have an insider in the force (and an armed one at that)

Good luck Ben

TT07
    Participant

quote:

which way did you take your career if you didnt get into the force? if u dont mind me asking that is.

Well, I applied to join the force as I had been made redundant, and by the time that I got to the extended assesment I was already back working (actually I was then working in the automotive industry and thats how I got to know Radar) so when success didnt come my way I just stuck at what I was already doing.

BigBen
    Participant

ahh right..everything turned out fine then..this has been a totally unrelated question ive been wanting to ask for a while..
    how many of the members on this forum know each other personally?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.