The Pheasant

Home Forums CRASH! The Pheasant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    speedy claire
    Participant

Was enjoying a nice ride out in the countryside and having a lovely time playing on the bends. Was doing about 70 when all of a sudden I thought somebody had hit me on the neck with a plank of wood! I woke up in an 8 foot ditch with my beloved CBR600 in bits around me [V] apparantly i`d been hit by a low flying pheasant!! Was lucky really cos I escaped with only a couple of broken ribs and a dislocated knee. Sadly my bike was all but written off and I was only insured third party (even bigger ouch!)

Don`t ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Gix
    Participant

Did it kill the pheasant?[:p]

The roads are my race track!!

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

GO ON! DONATE! YOU KNOW YA WANNA!

speedy claire
    Participant

No… we thought it was dead but then it ran off!! Would have been on my dinner table if i`d been able to catch it

imperialdata
    Keymaster

That’s got to be one of the most unfortunate, ‘wrong place at the wrong time’ crashes I’ve heard of! Welcome to the forum Claire, hope you haven’t been put off biking too much by that.

speedy claire
    Participant

Must admit my confidence took a bit of a knock tho I didn`t realise it til I got back on a bike!! Bought myself a Fazer which is a bit tamer than the CBR and I find I now ride differently…… whereas before I was a bit mad at times I`ve calmed down a lot now. Do miss the CBR tho!!

Gix
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by imperialdata

That’s got to be one of the most unfortunate, ‘wrong place at the wrong time’ crashes I’ve heard of! Welcome to the forum Claire, hope you haven’t been put off biking too much by that.

Fortunate for the pheasant in the end though! Could’ve ended up on Claires dinner table![:p]

LOVE IS GIVING SOMEONE THE POWER TO DESTROY YOU, BUT TRUSTING THEM NOT TO DO IT.

speedy claire
    Participant

Not so sure…. think he would have looked quite cute with an orange stuck up his arse!!

Gix
    Participant

Hahahahaha! Painful! Like I sed……………lucky for him he buggered off![:p]

imperialdata
    Keymaster

I’m sure he would have been game

wheelie
    Participant

Cringe!!! [V]

I’ve donated to the forum, have you?

barmy_carmy
    Participant

OOh speedyclaire thats how you lost your beloved CBR, unlucky. Well there has been a couple of incidents for me. the first was doing 80mph on dual carriageway, at that time i had one of those open faced helmets with a clear visor, Dave ducked and a woodpigeon flew straight in my face and broke the visor clean off. On the second occasion were’nt going that fast. about 40mph we were overtaking a tanker lorry got halfway along the tanker, he suddenly turns right into a lane, So it was Daves quick thinking to drop the bike, if he’d carry’d on would have smashed straight into the tanker, thew**ker didn’t signal or look in his mirrors, But he was totally unaware of us, Dave went down where he dropped, the bike skidded down the rd about 100yrds, and I went for a roly poly several hundred yards, There was a bloke running down the rd waving at the tanker to stop, and I missed the tankers back wheels by only an inch, good job I had all my leathers on as I have a spinal arthritis. then lost conciousness for a few minutes with a policewoman peering over me. My first words were “is the bike alright?” She said what is it with you 2 ,your husbands just asked the same question, then I asked about Dave. Well anyway we got carted off to hospital in an ambulance. they wanted to keep me in, I said no way I’ll get better at home. But we were both lucky got away with cuts and bruises, And so did the bike, just twisted mirrors and a bit of a dent in the tank, and a f….d up footrest.

No1 ride, our FZX750

speedy claire
    Participant

Sorry to hear bout the off…… sounds like you were both extremely lucky. I was browsing through some other bike forums this morning and on one they had a section on “friends we`ve lost”… 3 of the forum members had been killed in separte bike accidents. Was horrible reading it and seeing pictures of them, made my blood cold

barmy_carmy
    Participant

I’ve lost quite a few biker friends over the years, I’ll never forget them. I think if you ride sensibly and not ie. overtaking on blind bends or brow of a hill etc your in with a better chance and learn the skill of mind reading, I think when your time is up, its up, I couldnt possibly give up biking, its my life! It’s one of the few things in life that is exciting…Tee Hee.

I’m not riding fast, I’m just flying low. and please DONATE to this website

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.