take me outside and shoot me

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise take me outside and shoot me

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

thanks very much. i have a small problem.
    got the kwak on the road…on friday morning, had crashed it by 3:40 saturday morning :((
    i wont go into it all as im still healing and find it hard to type but yeah.. was going to london to see my missus at uni…was foggy as on the M1, no signs for lane closures equals 50 mph smash into road cones and 2 6 foot high road signs in the middle lane.
    the outcome, one smashed bike, not too badly damaged i suppose, one set of 600 quid leathers f**ked, one helmet f**ked, one boot worn down, and gloves ur knacked anyway..
    got free recovery one mile off the M1, had to get my bike home tho 200 miles away, not cheap.
    didnt break myself though and if i didnt have the hump on my back of my race leathers then i would have broken my neck as the blue paint from the road sign was all over my lid..
    not very happy:((
    i need, a new speedo bracket, pair of mirrors, left hand clip on, got spare fairing but they look pants..indicator infills..
    new rear light…the such really.
    so yeah hows everyone else?

Radar

Man that is a bummer. It is a cliche, but bikes can be fixed. Glad you are basically OK. Good luck with the rebuild (again)!!

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Should be easier second time around!

Seriously, I’m sorry to hear of your spill Benji, good that you’re OK. Any chance of claiming on your insurance?

BigBen
    Participant

haha thanks. it took a year to build and one day to crash, to be honest with you all, ive not actually felt too bad about it. dont think i actually swore..my girlfriend isnt too best pleased because she knew how long i had been waiting for a bike i was damn proud of but as you said. it can be fixed, and ive only got aches and pains…nothing to worry about. i could claim on my insurance but for what it will cost me to repair..about a ton, theres no point as my insurance will probably go up 74983 pounds for it.
    i would like paying for my leathers though…my white and black and grey Arlenness (is that how you spell it?)one piece.
    on the bright side looks like i got my left knee down…followed by everything else and my head..hahah

i would now like to give thanks if that is okay..i would like to thank the 2 coppers that arrived on the scene and made jokes about it infront of me. id like to thank the recovery guys, they were actually quite nice about it, i would like to thank all the wagons and cars that just watched me crash and did f*ck all about it and carried on driving. but most of all, and this is who the award goes to….i would like to thank the 3 or 4 motorcyclists who saw what happened, and just carried on. its really quite nice to see everyone just looks after themselves still.
    anyways, the bike will be back on the road, my headlight is getting repaired as we speak (the good thing bout knowing alot of skilled people) and pictures will be uploaded soon, even though it isnt going to look anywhere near as good as it did, the west fairings are going to be repaired over winter ready for next summer, and im just going to ride it as a fighter for the rest of this year.
    thanking you all for your concern.
    take it easy

BigBen
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.