take me outside and shoot me

Home Forums Gripes, moans and praise take me outside and shoot me

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BigBen
    Participant

how can a summer go terribly wrong? well i shall tell you, it all started when i realised (being 6 foot 6) i could still fit on a newish sportsbike. all was good..i worked at a salvage yard as a bike breaker so when i was walking through the hangar one day i saw an orange blur out the corner of my eye.someone had crashed a 2005 Kawasaki ZX10R and it had come to us through the insurance company.i instantly fell in love with the bike, or as far as you could with it being in bit, the insurance company had said it would cost 6 and a half grand to fix…so i thought boll*cks to it and bought it. i put it all back together (with multicoloured fairings) for just over a grand. all was good. ive had this bike sat in the garage for over a year without being able to “legally” ride it and now im just 1 month shy of being able to play with it on the road. here comes the bombshell..ive recently been made redundant.which means no money..great. but the bike i thought was finished has just decided to f*ck me when i was already on the floor, theres a big crack in the engine[:(!][:(!]i didnt see it before but im sure i could not have missed it, so i urgently need a clutch cover, right hand side for a 2005 model zx10r if anyone has one. also the bloody fork seals are leaking..and it went to an MOT on a trailer,and as soon as i turned up the bike wouldnt start[:(!][:(!]

so my summer seems to be ruined
    sorry for the language and lack of grammer

:(

Digger
    Participant

Dont worry mate,clutch covers arnt that expensive and the fork seals can be done by any good bike machinic who no doubt is one of your mates,so look on the bright side mate all is not a lost….be optomistic bud.

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Unlucky bud but chin up! One day you’ll look back and laugh…..

Any chance of picking the clutch cover up from Ebay?

TT07
    Participant

Same goes for fork seals you can source them from Ebay, this very evening I’m fitting fork seals and dust seals to the forks on the GSXR600. The 4 parts came to a tad over 23 quid. Add fork oil and a workshop manual CD again from Ebay, the lot should cost no more than 30-35 notes. As Digger suggests if your not up to it get a mate to fit them. Sorry about the redundancy, as ID says, from my own experience of being made redundant, things usually work out for the better when looking back.

BigBen
    Participant

yeah i suppose, ive searched ebay. i have worked on it before (at the salvage yard) so im sort of a geek when it comes to it. i like to think im a bike mechanic but dont we all like to think were something we arnt:)
    haha i bloody hope ill laugh about it one day, sort of stops us from crying lol
    anyways ive literally just begged someone one ebay to sell me a clutch cover, gave them the my summer is over sort of line.lets hope they feel sorry for me
    cheers for the kind words though, i’ll let you guys know what happens

Radar

Hope you get sorted soon bud

BigBen
    Participant

ive now purchased some fork seals, however i can only find the seals and nothing else so i cant replace everything…might be a waste of time. i can certainly tell you that dealing with ebay business is a waste of time aswell..no one will respond to my messages asking about clutch covers so i rang kawasaki up who put me in contact with my local dealer….24 miles away so i rang them up, the guy that i rang was a complete moron and didnt know anything about what he was talking about.
    anyways the new cover is going to cost £118 inc VAT and a gasket will cost £11.

its not looking good for summer

my mobile phone is broken again..it seems that “dropping” them on the floor breaks them..well, broke the “old” one i had to use again because the new one got drop kicked against a wall…which also breaks them.
    *sighs*
    nothing is built to last anymore

hows everyone elses lives at the mo?? anyone having worse luck than me?

BigBen
    Participant

ebay businesses rather.
    cant spell, hate computers!!

BigBen
    Participant

just a brief update as to whats going on with the kawasaki, fork seals are in and mint..forks are back in..just trying to decide whether im going to drop the forks 5mm through the top yoke though.
    my new fairing should be here in a couple of days..ive been waiting ages!!
    no engine casing at the moment though..might be difficult it getting through an MOT with a cracck in it..

and had a bit of sun today so got out on the bandit, went to the coast…everything seems to be looking up somewhat.

Radar

I don’t think the cracked casing would be an MOT item, but you would need to get it sorted to use the bike properly. Glad you are making progress

max
    Participant

err… wot summer’s this then :)

BigBen
    Participant

well it has to be right doesnt it…and it cant look Sh*t…im giving up on buying the casing and getting it welded…ill grind it off and repaint it i thinks..
    and you have a valid point max..apparently summer is coming late…..well i got up this morning and it looked like winter outside *sighs*
    ahh well, on the upside i think my new painted fairing kit is here..had a card through the door but im expecting it to be something else..wont get my hopes up and all:)) take care everyone

BigBen
    Participant

good news chaps!!! this has turned from moaning to moaning of a different nature;)
    haha
    my ZX10R is finished….completly.
    the list of mods is longer than my you know what, i shall add pics to the members bikes section if you like.. btw onto laptop number 3 now…the one my lass gave me has broken aswell.super..

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Looks good. Avatar updated!

Radar

Looks good Benji boy!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.