Stafford Classic Show. With the ENGEL Muppets!

Home Forums Meetings and events Stafford Classic Show. With the ENGEL Muppets!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I was recently invited to join a group for like minded biking enthusiasts from the plastics industry. Founded by Graeme Herlihy of a company called Engel, the group goes by the grand title of the Motorcyclists Union of Plastic Processing Expert Technologists or, rather more appropriately in my case, The Muppets!

cid_Image1.png

Today was the first get together of this hotbed of plastics knowledge and Graeme had chosen the rather excellent Stafford Classic Bike Show as the venue.

The group met at the charming Holybush Inn in the charming little village of Salt. I was rather embarressed as I rolled up in my car…it had been pouring down when I set off, but now the weather was pretty good. I was thoroughly put to shame as in the end 16 bikes and 2 scooters rolled onto the carpark in sunshine to join in the fun!

Picture013.jpg
    Graeme – Chief Muppet and 675 Triumph pilot

Picture021.jpg
    A steady stream of bikes rolled in, my shame increasing by the moment…

Picture031.jpg
    Even two scooter boys joined in the fun, putting me to further shame

Picture019.jpg
    Mad max tribute…I could of sworn there were Z1000s in that film. Seriously, a cracking paint job

The bar was soon packed by members of the group who were now sporting rather Natty Muppet T shirts courtsey of Engel, they even had one in XFB size for me!!

Picture025.jpg
    The rush for the bar, nice line in T shirts…

The group came from all over the country; one chap had ridden 180 miles to get here. Everybody seemed to be gelling well and I bumped into a former colleague and others who knew some old friends of mine. Small world as they say!

A drink and a hearty meal consumed it was on to the bikes for the short hop to the show itself. I sloped off my head held low in shame to my waiting car…

Picture029.jpg
    Tucking in…

Picture034.jpg
    The full line up

Picture038.jpg
    Gentlemen start your engines!

The roll out…
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8V3R0wXLD4

Once at the show the group split up to check out the halls and stands before meeting up again latter…

Picture085.jpg
    Large and popular show spead over a number of Halls and a full bike autojumble outside too

Picture046.jpg
    A couple of wheels and I bet she starts first kick…or maybe not. Some of the projects looked a bit more challenging than others!

Picture050.jpg
    The compulsory YPVS shot…God how I want another one!

Picture056.jpg
    Stunning Vincent Special

Picture060.jpg
    Beautiful Triton

Picture069.jpg
    I bumped into a former work mate and he was displaying his lovingly restored Norton…

Picture075.jpg
    Suzuki GT750, smell the 2-stroke, feel the flared jeans…

Picture088.jpg
    Iconic 80’s muscle, the landmark GPZ900R

Picture103.jpg
    Tasteful trike, the two blokes on the back look like they were in the same que for tea as me!

A highly enjoyable day was rounded off nicely with a cooling drink in the bar with the remaining Muppets.

Thanks to Grahame of Engel (Chief Muppet) for organising and laying on great meet.

Next meeting hail sleet or snow I will be on my bike lol!

With thanks to:

http://www.engelglobal.com/uk

TT07
    Participant

Couldn’t see your plate in that one photo, wondered if you partook of the usual ‘light salad'[?] or rather than loose face a second time (as you were in the car) decided in the name of public decency to DODGE the salad on that occasion[;)] Being serious though, looks like you had a fun time.

Radar

I did indeed have a light salad, but at this pub they do it in a Shepherds Pie and Chips type presentation that I rather liked!

It was a good meet and the show was great.

I must set up a good forum run-out soon

TT07
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Radar
    I must set up a good forum run-out soon

Jolly good idea that, bung in a fresh post and lets see what suggestions come forward, remember the last one was 11th May ’08 thats almost 12 months ago!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.