Stafford Classic Bike Show – 20/10/12m- Pictures.

Home Forums BikeMeet Cafe Stafford Classic Bike Show – 20/10/12m- Pictures.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Radar

I joined another group of bikers that I am associated with (The Muppets), to take in the Stafford show last Sunday. It was good to catch up with some familiar faces and make some new friends. The show itself was excellent even though my hunt for RD parts proved fruitless my daughter (aka ‘Zippy’) did manage to get some amoured jeans for a very reasonable £55. She was also amazed at the bravey of the riders during ‘The Wall of Death’ show.

Anyway time to let the pics do the talking:

DSCN5850.jpg
    Despite a foggy, chilly start to the day some of the chaps arrived by bike. Sadly I had to bring the car because I was hoping to find loads of RD bits on sale…

DSCN5852.jpg
    The crew tucking into the excellent preshow meal The Hollybush in Salt. Recommended!

DSCN5854.jpg
    As usual the bike park threw up some tasty morsels. There was a new Norton not far away too, but this pair caught my eye

DSCN5856.jpg
    The bikes and go-kart of ‘The wall of Death’ team

DSCN5862.jpg
    One of the riders was this young lady, Zippy was genuiely gobsmacked by the performance

DSCN5864.jpg
    A not very impressive picture of the impressive line up of race bikes on show, many were fired up…what a sound!!

DSCN5865.jpg
    Very clean AR125LC, as good as the RD125LC?

DSCN5867.jpg
    ANOTHER mint Z900…but look closely…

DSCN5868.jpg
    It was in fact the MUCH rarer 750…prototype and pre-production only I think

DSCN5872.jpg
    Fantastic US only RZ350 with just 800 miles on the clock….how much is a kidney worth??

DSCN5880.jpg
    As usual lots of projects on show. Some good, some not so good

DSCN5889.jpg
    RD400, great craftsmanshp, a whole hill of time,money and effort, but for me it is just too much…i

DSCN5891.jpg
    The compulsory GT750 shot…this time a rather natty period Sheene tribute

DSCN5893.jpg
    There were literally hundreds of stalls selling all manner of parts, books, clothing etc

DSCN5894.jpg
    More GT750s…do they clone them somewhere??

DSCN5897.jpg
    Just the odd Kwack smoker triple too…

DSCN5900.jpg
    Neatly disected CBX1000 mill

DSCN5901.jpg
    Just in case you fancy starting from scratch

DSCN5903.jpg
    There was so much to see that it proved too much for some…

DSCN5905.jpg
    Neat BSA

DSCN5907.jpg
    Why do I like this?

DSCN5910.jpg
    Very tasty TDR…get polishing Thumper you have some catching up to do!

DSCN5916.jpg
    There was a lot of tasty British iron on show including this lovely old beast

DSCN5917.jpg
    Compulsory trike shot…

DSCN5918.jpg
    RC30…common as muck…

DSCN5919.jpg
    ID had one of these before his ZX9R…

DSCN5920.jpg
    GPz900R…still look great

DSCN5922.jpg
    Neat Velo, but not sure about the huge black casing…

DSCN5924.jpg
    These little Honda fold away bikes look liked they had escaped the set of a Bond movie or Space 1999

IMAG0559.jpg
    Very rare Kwack stroker, only 5 or 6 ever imported unofficially to take on the TZR250 and RG250 Gamma

IMAG0560.jpg
    Remember these?

IMAG0565.jpg
    £2700 for the Monkey bike…

IMAG0566.jpg
    Very rare Austin pedal car, produced in a factory in South Wales in the 1950’s manned by disabled ex-miners. Beautifully made and trimmed they were wildly expensive for the time and the venture folded

Cracking show as usual and thanks to Graeme Herlihy…aka Chief Muppet and ENGEL UK Ltd for setting up the meet and the meal

ses310

Looks like it was a good day, shame you couldn’t get the few bits you wanted for the RD

imperialdata
    Keymaster

Some really good shots there Radar.  The Z750 that looks like a Z900 threw me for a bit, don’t think I have ever seen one of those. As for the cutaway CBR1000 engine, that would look great as a coffee table!

Please stop outing me as a former MZ owner, I’ve learned my lesson now  ::)

Radar

Some really good shots there Radar.  The Z750 that looks like a Z900 threw me for a bit, don’t think I have ever seen one of those. As for the cutaway CBR1000 engine, that would look great as a coffee table!

Please stop outing me as a former MZ owner, I’ve learned my lesson now  ::)

Sorry ID, but I too have owned a MZ. However my darkest hour was probably realising that I have owned no less than 3 Superdreams!

Gordy
    Participant

Good photos there matey. I would have enjoyed that day, so one for the diary next year.

Radar

Good photos there matey. I would have enjoyed that day, so one for the diary next year.

Definately, you can get some bits for the RF!! ;)

HippoDrones
    Participant

apparently there are like only 18 tdr 250s left in the uk iirc.

Had an AR125 and an RD125, think the RD was more fun but the AR was faster (top speed not acceleration) as my fully de-restricted RD would only do 70mph redlining in top (had some rather fun gear ratios thanks to some DT sprockets) :D

Radar

apparently there are like only 18 tdr 250s left in the uk iirc.

Had an AR125 and an RD125, think the RD was more fun but the AR was faster (top speed not acceleration) as my fully de-restricted RD would only do 70mph redlining in top (had some rather fun gear ratios thanks to some DT sprockets) :D

Forum member Thumper has two TDR250s, here they are out togther only a couple of weeks ago:

https://bikemeet.net/forums/topic/3-strokers-and-blade-piccies-06-10-12/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.