Shropshire Vintage & Classic Bike Show – 22/03/15 – Review &Pics

Home Forums Classics Shropshire Vintage & Classic Bike Show – 22/03/15 – Review &Pics

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Radar

Wistanstow is a charming little village not far far from the small town of Craven Arms in rural Shropshire. For over 20 years it has been staging a classic show in the beautiful little village hall. An unusual venue, but a superb backdrop for a show.

I rolled up on my 550 Zephyr having enjoyed a somewhat chilly 30 mile ride over and was directed to park up on the playground of the village first school. Straight away you are in amongst classic bikes and is so often the case at a classic show, the bike park provides some of the best exhibits!

It was a bit of trek to the village hall, but on bracing, but sunny day I didn’t mind. I was in a relaxed mood.

The show was extremely well attended and the range of bikes, superb. Outside there was a good sized auto jumble and loads of bikes to see and inside the hall itself there was a small but varied range of classic bikes on display…everything from a mint Honda Cx500 to speedway machines and the more usual gleaming British Iron from the likes of Norton.

Great show, and well worth the £3 to get in

DSCN0731_zpsmcyfg0kk.jpg
    My 550 in the school yard, not quite a classic just yet, but in good company

DSCN0739_zpsmbtuiow3.jpg
    An early contender for bike of the day, lovely Royal Enfield

DSCN0761_zpssqefpwwk.jpg
    Not your everyday bike show venue

DSCN0800_zpsprdpul7w.jpg
    Inside the hall, stunning Manx Norton 

DSCN0797_zpsgpcrsoe7.jpg
    Triumph

DSCN0763_zpsxctdjlye.jpg
    There was a great auto jumble, some of the projects were more challenging than others…

DSCN0791_zpsrezh08on.jpg
    DSCN0792_zpseofuu1gh.jpg
    Impressive 6 cylinder GSX Suzuki, a special based on a GSX1100 with two extra cylinders grafted on by owner and drag racing legend Pip Higham

DSCN0775_zpsrx2bp7f4.jpg
    Classic American Iron…Indian..cooler than a Harley? 

DSCN0772_zpslq8abilb.jpg
    What is the collective noun for a group of Honda Cubs?

DSCN0789_zpsgonqzusp.jpg
    DSCN0766_zpszlnlm3yg.jpg
    The compulsory GT750 and Trike were in attendance…

DSCN0780_zpsqzns7vgg.jpg
    Brand new Norton, the first one I have seen ‘in the wild’

DSCN0816_zpssw4lpnbv.jpg
    Bumped into my old mate Steve and his Bonnie on which he has completed the most stunning restoration…he is a clever man…

DSCN0818_zps93h9fnw4.jpg
    Steve’s work stands up to the closest of examinations

DSCN0833_zpsxsbzniip.jpg
    Also bumped into Andy and Alan two very visible BMW riders and old mates of mine. I joined them for a mug of tea and a salad sandwich 

So all in a very interesting show, in a unusual location. I will be going again…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.