Security….

Home Forums Survival skills Security….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HippoDrones
    Participant

Last week I had an attempted break-in to my garage, mine was the only one in the block that was hit so I am pretty certain that I was targeted because of my bikes.

I don’t think it was down to my posts on the internet etc and I have tried mostly to remove reg nos and road names etc from any photos I post up that may have been in a rough area of my house, I also believe it to have been something to do with the pikey scum that were nosing round a couple of days prior to this.

Just posting this mainly to remind people to be not just careful with who can see you park your bikes up but also be careful what info you post online, you just don’t know what kind of scroat is watchin :(

ses310

Good words of advice there Pete

katana
    Participant

I had my garage broken into last summer. Luckly my neighbour heard them and called the Police and nothing was taken. In a way it did me a favour as I had been meaning to beef up my security but had never got round to it. Garage is now much more secure and linked into my house alarm system.

The Police said that as I don’t live on a main road it was unlikely that they spotted the bike parked outside by chance. He reckoned that they probably followed me home, so I now vary my route and always keep an eye open for strange cars/vans following me into the cul-de-sac and then turning around.

katana
    Participant

Another top tip is use a baby monitor in the garage with the reciever in the bedroom. If it can pick up a babies breathing then it should alert you to a couple of scroats trying to nick your bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.